[INFO REQUEST] PS3/XBOX360 freezing/crash issues

by EA_Bastian

Original Post

Re: [INFO REQUEST] PS3/XBOX360 freezing/crash issues

★ Apprentice

@ropcommand wrote:

1. I join a match and I'm able to play just fine.

2. When I get to the loading screen for the next map.

3. PS3 Slim

4. Engineer

5. It doesn't really freeze, the white cursor continues blinking in the corner and I can use PS button functions, I can hear and talk to people in game, but I never make it to the deployment screen, no matter how long I let it sit there. When I use the Quit Game option, it reboots my PS3.

I have the exact same issue! It's "nice" to see that I am not alone.. I am getting mad, can belive this crap!!!

I play recon and rush on a ps3 slim. Tried formatting the ps3 but no luck.

Message 51 of 1,551 (1,849 Views)

★★★ Newbie
  1. What were you doing before the game froze? (E.g. just joined server, in the middle of the match) Just joined the server
  2. Where is it freezing? (E.g. on the deploy screen/ when player clicks deploy) When the map and game are loading
  3. What Version of the PS3 or Xbox360 do you have (Slim, Super Slim, 1st generation) xbox 360 slim
  4. What class were you playing at the time the game froze? none
  5. Do you have any additional information for us? No
Message 52 of 1,551 (1,842 Views)

★ Apprentice

@ken81ea wrote:

@ropcommand wrote:

1. I join a match and I'm able to play just fine.

2. When I get to the loading screen for the next map.

3. PS3 Slim

4. Engineer

5. It doesn't really freeze, the white cursor continues blinking in the corner and I can use PS button functions, I can hear and talk to people in game, but I never make it to the deployment screen, no matter how long I let it sit there. When I use the Quit Game option, it reboots my PS3.

I have the exact same issue! It's "nice" to see that I am not alone.. I am getting mad, can belive this crap!!!

I play recon and rush on a ps3 slim. Tried formatting the ps3 but no luck.

Adding some more details: it happens even if I quit after the first match. Anything I try to load after, it will load forever.. even the freaking test range!

Message 53 of 1,551 (1,841 Views)

★★★ Newbie

1. What were you doing before the game froze?   jumping in the match
  2. Where is it freezing? right when i redoploy 
  3. What Version of the PS3 or Xbox360 do you have? super slim
  4. What class were you playing at the time the game froze? support
  5. Do you have any additional information for us?
Message 54 of 1,551 (1,837 Views)

★★★ Newbie
followed cleaning cache instructions before this latest freeze

#1 xbox / 250 gb harddrive
#2 selected quick match ( team deathmatch )
#3 dawnbreaker
#4 load screen froze

had just played a few minutes earlier with no issue for 2 rounds

think ive restarted my xbox 10+ times today & am gonna put this away till its fixed
Message 55 of 1,551 (1,799 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
  1. What were you doing before the game froze? I'm either in game or loading, sometimes even on the BF4 home screen. Doesn't let me play for more than  5 minutes.
  2. Where is it freezing? In the middle of the fight; wherever it wants to.
  3. What Version of the PS3 or Xbox360 do you have: I think a pretty old PS3 console, but still manages to play other games no problem.
  4. What class were you playing at the time the game froze: Assault and Recon. Both crash for me.
  5. Do you have any additional information for us? Downloaded from PSN Store; no disc. Should NOT have to force me to buy a new console.
Message 56 of 1,551 (1,789 Views)

★★★ Newbie

1.just started game
2.Bout 5 seconds into deployment. Couple of seconds after spawning
3. PS3 Slim 360
4. Support 
5. When I changed my FIELD UPGRADES from Indirect Fire to Shadow on my Playstation 3 it immediately stopped crashing. // It Worked for me as well thanks... Been playing for a while now without issues...

Message 57 of 1,551 (1,786 Views)

★★★ Newbie

1. What were you doing before the game froze? (E.g. just joined server, in the middle of the match) It doesn't matter if I just joined the server or if I have been in a server for a few matches. 
  2. Where is it freezing? (E.g. on the deploy screen/ when player clicks deploy) It freezes on the loading screen before entering the lobby.
  3. What Version of the PS3 or Xbox360 do you have (Slim, Super Slim, 1st generation) Xbox SS250Gb
  4. What class were you playing at the time the game froze? N/A
  5. Do you have any additional information for us? The game indiscriminately freezes on loading screens. Sometimes it will freeze five times in a row, other times it won't freeze for a few matches in a row. It takes almost 30 minutes to party up with a friend, because of the "commander slot full" notification. There can be literally 12 people in the lobby, and when ONE of my friends tries to join, he gets the commander message. Several times in multiplayer, my gun sights wont load upon spawning. This happens when spawning for the first time, and when spawning in the middle of the match with no previous problems up until them. The class/weapon/sight doesn't seem to matter; it's happened multiple times. GET IT TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 58 of 1,551 (1,782 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice
  1. What were you doing before the game froze? Freezing happens mid-match while flying a helicopter.
  2. Where is it freezing? The freezing happens while I am actually playing. Not on any menu but while I'm playing.
  3. What Version of the PS3 or Xbox360 do you have? I have an Xbox 360 Arcade that I upgraded the HDD on. (250 GB)
  4. What class were you playing at the time the game froze? It has happened as an Engineer, Recon, and Support.
  5. Do you have any additional information for us? Every time so far, it has frozen while I was piloting a helicopter. Three times on Dawnbreaker while flying the Viper. Once on Flooded while flying the Venom. 

UPDATE: I just froze again for a fifth time. Dawnbreaker map, Support class, DID NOT have Indirect Fire selected as field upgrade, using Offensive field upgrade. 

UPDATE #2: My system froze once again on Dawnbreaker. I was using the Engineer class with the MK11 MOD 0. Had just captured an objective in Conquest.

Message 59 of 1,551 (1,764 Views)

★★★ Newbie

1.What were you doing before the game froze? (E.g. just joined server, in the middle of the match)
Just after deploy

2.Where is it freezing? (E.g. on the deploy screen/ when player clicks deploy)
After deploy, i can see the gun and scenery, then it freezes.

3.What Version of the PS3 or Xbox360 do you have (Slim, Super Slim, 1st generation)
Ps3 super slim

4.What class were you playing at the time the game froze
Support

5.Do you have any additional information for us?
Started after setting loadout while server was changing map, with battlelog for android. The loadout change was indirect fire for support.
Message 60 of 1,551 (1,763 Views)