Re: [INFO REQUEST] PS3/XBOX360 freezing/crash issues

by Rhys3T

Original Post

★★ Novice
I'm about to give up trying to play it... on line version freezes every single time I try to play, it starts about 10/15 minutos in to the game and then if i restart it and try to play again the freezing goes crazy , every couple of minutes into the match!
campaign version won't save my progress no matter what I do
did I buy a broken game or what? answers please???
don't give a question as an answer again please
Message 1361 of 1,551 (450 Views)

★★ Novice

• What were you doing before the game froze? Middle of match
  • Where is it freezing? When i am running about or actually in game (Not in spawn menu or any other menu)
  • What Version of the PS3 or Xbox360 do you have? PS3 Slim
  • What class were you playing at the time the game froze? Engineer
  • Do you have any additional information for us? This seems to happen all the time, it happened just now twice in the space of about 50 minutes, 40 of those minutes were spent restoring my data on my PS3 when i logged back on.
Message 1362 of 1,551 (444 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

• What were you doing before the game froze? Loading Naval Strike Maps.
  • Where is it freezing? Loading Naval Strike Maps Screen 100% of the time. 
  • What Version of the PS3 or Xbox360? PS3 Super Slim. Asian Version.
  • What class were you playing at the time the game froze? Could hardly even get to that screen.
  • Do you have any additional information for us? Yes, I want my money back and here's my order number from PSN - 5962364853
Message 1363 of 1,551 (406 Views)

★★★ Novice
  • What were you doing before the game froze?

Occurs mid-match, most commonly on the 'Vanilla' BF4 maps. Most common on larger games modes like Obliteration and Conquest. Also occurs after the match ends, but prior to the results screen. 

• Where is it freezing? 

My own actions seem to have no bearing on it occuring - I can be in a gunfight, passenger in a chopper, literally anything. If pressed I would say it seems more common when there's lots of action in a small area of the map, but that could be incidental.

• What Version of the PS3 or Xbox360?

I have several PS3s, issue is the same on all of them.

• What class were you playing at the time the game froze?

My class seems to have no impact on the freezing. I've had it happen to every class regardless of loadout etc.

• Do you have any additional information for us? 

Larger/busier games definately make the crashing more frequent. I can rarely reach the end of a Conquest or Obliteration match on Vanilla maps.

Am using the PSN Download version of BF4 + Premium DLCs. Have tried full reinstalls on freshly formatted PS3, issues persisted. 

Message 1364 of 1,551 (383 Views)

★ Novice

I play on the PS3

The freezing happens no matter what kit I'm on. It usually happens around a levolution event or when I start to sprint after an objective has been taken. On occasion it'll randomly freeze no matter what I'm doing.

Message 1365 of 1,551 (379 Views)

★ Novice

• What were you doing before the game froze? Joining a Naval $trike $erver, screen tran$ition$ to black with cur$or on upper right corner
  • Where is it freezing? Loading Naval $trike Map$ each time, every time, all the time.. $ince March.
  • What Version of the PS3 or Xbox360? PS3 $lim. Asia.
  • What class were you playing at the time the game froze? What cla$$?... can't play at all
  • Do you have any additional information for us? Battlelog via ipad $how$ I've joined the match. Acknowledge thi$ i$ an i$$ue and fix it. $o much for being a Premium

Message 1366 of 1,551 (371 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
Black screen when loading multiplayer map. Not managed to even get in a multi player match yet. Ps3 slim bf4 downloaded of psn twice erased all data and reinstall still the same

Edit.

It's quick match that gives me a black know screen if I select a server I can get in but first match first time I got shot and blood appeared on screen or booted me out. Next match was driving a boat as I was about to jump on a wave ps3 froze completely had corrupt data warning when restarted
Message 1367 of 1,551 (365 Views)

★★★ Novice
  • What were you doing before the game froze?
  • Aiming down site to shoot opponent
  •  
  • Where is it freezing?
  • Random places During gameplay.
  •  
  • What Version of the PS3 or Xbox360 do you have?
  • 360 Slim
  •  
  • What class were you playing at the time the game froze?
  • Recon/Conquest
  •  
  • Do you have any additional information for us? 
  • Only happens when there are more than 6 players on each team, any less than that I am usually ok.
Message 1368 of 1,551 (362 Views)

★★★ Newbie

1. Loaded game, joined obliteration server in the middle of a match I have also searched manually for a match and joined, along with changing game types.

2. It freezes while im playing, after we win a match, just about everytime i do really well in a match.

3. PS3 3rd generation

4. It freezes regaurdless of what class i play It has frozen as assault, engineer, support, recon.

5. I have tryed deleting the update and redownloading it but that did not work. 

Message 1369 of 1,551 (359 Views)

★ Novice

Rubberband ISSUES,Freezing ISSUES and when I start up on my PS3 from time to time I have to reload aII my vehicles LOADOUTS because they all go back to DEFAULT what is the deal? Also when this happened about two times ago the game never reloaded all my CAMPAIGN ASSIGNMENTS that Ialready got. When this happens it all start out with VISUAL ADJUSTMENTS on the screen when I start up the game as if I'm just starting it for the first time! PLEASE fix this for me!!!

Message 1370 of 1,551 (358 Views)