[Possible solutions/INFO REQUEST] NP Pool Memoryleak [PC only] updated: Apr. 13

by Carbonic

Original Post

Re: [INFO REQUEST] NP Pool Memoryleak [PC only] (updated Dec. 14)

★★★ Apprentice

I have used both IE 11 and the most recent version of Chrome. I had even tried closing all open browsers after joining the game and it makes no difference so they are probably barking up the wrong tree

Message 81 of 477 (2,170 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Dont think its better then before. ForExample, ive never got a mem leak on 32slot locker. Play china rising maps 64slot conquest large, 2 maps in a row, and you will get a mem leak. Trust me

Message 82 of 477 (2,167 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm using Chrome 32.0.1700.41 m Aura on windows 8.1

Message 83 of 477 (2,160 Views)

★★★ Novice

A work around that I have seen suggested is to use RamMap from system internals to empty the standby list in between rounds. This seems to stop the non-paged pool from growing, but it won't clear it if it has already happened. So far, I've not had the memory leak occur once while doing this, but as soon as I forget to do it then it happens again.

Message 84 of 477 (2,111 Views)

★★ Novice
I've had the issue in both IE 10,11 and Firefox 25.0.1, not sure why they are looking at the browser maybe it's a political thing
Message 85 of 477 (2,094 Views)

★★★ Novice

AMD Phenom II

Sapphire 6850 (x1 and and in crossfire)

16 gb ram

Win 8.1 pro 64bit

So... I have done a little testing and come up with the following:

The memory leak issue is 100% tied to the beta drivers from AMD. I am sure you guys already know this. So I completely removed 13.11 beta drivers (i had tried all versions up to V9.5 and they all caused the memory leak) and i put the 13.9 ccc and driver back on my machine.

I ran the following items in Windows 7 compatability mode and as an administrator:

- Bf4

- Bf4 64 bit

- ccc host

- ccc login (basically all other ccc programs)

- punkbuster

I don't think it actually made a difference, but i also switched from internet explorer to firefox.

So, after making those changes, i loaded up the x86 version of bf4 and played for over an hour without any issues. During that time, i survived 5 map changes. No freezing, no red screens, no sound loops, and best of all: no atrocious memory leak. (I did not have my crossfire setup running tonight)

Prior to tonight, when using amd beta drivers i would get the dreaded memory leak problem that would consume +90% of my 16gb of memory over time. When using the non-beta catalyst 13.9 drivers my computer would red screen during map changes or i'd get the frozen screen/sound loop at random points during games. Basically, prior to tonight, i have never been able to play this game for more than 15/20 minutes; certainly never between two maps.

So give this a try and see if it makes a difference for you.

Message 86 of 477 (2,090 Views)

★★ Novice

To: Thegaze

Im running as i previous stated a couple of pages back, the same approach that you do.

But im using the Beta drivers from AMD.

I've come to the insight that putting CCC in Win7 and Administrator privilegies work really good for this problem.

The last couple of long playing hours i have not run the CCC in the background (chosing NO when the UAC ask to run it with Admin).

BF4 is also in Win7 comp, and i run the 64-bit client of BF4.

Message 87 of 477 (2,064 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Anyone try DEC 16 update? DICE didn't give us release note yet.
I will try it and reply the feedback later Standard smile

Edit : release note is out now, no mention about memory leak though.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955064770537492880/

Message 88 of 477 (2,058 Views)

Hero

Update 5: AMD technical support responded to a ticket I made a while ago.

Their response:

• Thanks for your mail. Yes, our driver team had already received some reports related to this issue before, and after some investigates, they thought that this issue seems to have been resolved, possibly via a patch released by DICE. And they didn’t receive much reports related to this issues recently. So please try to find some game patches form EA to solve your issue, thank you.

So, apparently they think the error has magicly solved itself because we don't complain enough. So I would urge all in here with the problem to go to: http://emailcustomercare.amd.com/ and fill out a support request with all your relevant information. You can also write them at https://twitter.com/AMDRadeonhttps://twitter.com/AMDGaminghttps://www.facebook.com/AMDGaming and the other places AMD hangs out.

carbonic signature

Message 89 of 477 (2,044 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Support Ticket doesnt work.

Twitter&Facebook: done.

Message 90 of 477 (2,021 Views)