[Possible solutions/INFO REQUEST] NP Pool Memoryleak [PC only] updated: Apr. 13

by Carbonic

Original Post

Re: [INFO REQUEST] NP Pool Memoryleak [PC only] (updated Dec. 5)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

i72600 k (@stock with evo 212x mainly for testing)

Asrock Z68 E3 G3

Ati 6950 2Gb .. have tried all the drivers :P

dual boot Win 7 x64, Win 8.1 x64.. main problem only affects Win 8.1 for me.

compatability modes ... win 7.. disabling dpi scaling. admin...

ive unparked cores.. done restinalls .. hell was even dual booting Win 7 to be able to play :P

Win 7 didnt suffer the memory leak at all .. however it developed a aiming down sight bug.. but thats another story...

and recently heard about the Realtek drivers i tried it.. seemed for work for a few weeks.. then the other night.. looked at my G15 to see 98% ram taken.....

so the realtek drivers are not a fix for me.. but i did last a very long time before i got the leak issue.. before i would get it every 2nd map...

Message 31 of 477 (2,505 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I no longer have my 6950, but I had this issue quite often and here's my information if it helps:

Windows 8.1 64-bit. It was clean-installed

Biostar TZ68A+ MB

Intel I5-2500

AMD HD6950 2GB. Catalyst 13.11 beta

16GB DDR3 1333

As mentioned in the OP it seemed to happen during (or around) map change. All the sudden system would be unresponsive until reboot, with all 16 gigs of my memory used by non-paged pool.

I had tried many things to fix it, including disabling the NDU driver and updating realtek drivers and win7 compatibility mode, none of them appeared to help. 

I recently sold my 6950 and upgraded to a 280x though. This was a few weeks ago, and I haven't seen a single memory leak issue since. So it doesn't appear to effect the newer GCN amd cards.

Message 32 of 477 (2,480 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Win8.1 + HD6900 -> Memory Leak

New driver since 03/12. (http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/latest-catalyst-windows-beta.aspx) -> sb tried yet?

When does it happen:

- mosty after mapchange (<2mins)

- explosions (infront of, spawn into, died) -> mostly vehicals are involved

Things people have mentioned helped:

- playing 32slot conquest locker (non crash for me on locker)

Message 33 of 477 (2,458 Views)

★★★ Novice

@TheDaBing wrote:

I point blank REFUSE to make changes to my pc to make this game run (A video driver update is not what I mean)

I play the following games:

• Planetside2
  • Dota2
  • Arma3

None of which:

• Crash with directx issues
  • Use up my pagefile/swap memory (I feel like I am back in Windows95 days)  I have not seen this kind of issue from an app for >15 years, I have to reboot my PC to get the page/swap memory to reset?  Why does this app specifically do this rather than just show as using 4GB of Ram?
  • have sound glitches where all of a sudden I am just getting gun sounds, but no vehicle sounds.

I'm sorry, but I have to say I regret buying this game. By this stage of a Battlefield game (1 month in) I would have clocked up 5 to 10 times as much play time.  

I look at these "bonus events" where people who have already unlocked amazing weapons will get even more unlocks and bonuses and I can't even play 2 maps in a row.  A typical nights play involves finally into "the groove/mindset of the game" and then my system slows down to 3 frames a second as there is no memory left.  I reboot (since there is NO other rectification) and then wait 5-15 minutes to get back into my clan server and then if I am lucky I get another 40 minutes or less before it either crashes or fills up memory again.

So you know what?

I think that we deserve a refund or Origin Credit to the value of the game for this absolutely abysmal experience.  It's just not good enough.  If this was a new brand, it  would be permanently ruined, as it is, I am not certain I will ever buy another Battlefield title.

EA/Dice feel free to contact me - I am NOT happy.

I agree wholeheartedly. The only difference between you and me is that I have TRIED the changes to my pc and, as you probably have figured out, they didn't do squat and were a huge waste of my time. So +1 to you for being smarter than me and not wasting your time with BS workarounds.

I did figure out that using any of the beta drivers (so far) for amd (with my one or two 6850s) results in the memory leak. When using 13.9 drivers, my system doesn't ever get the memory leak issue....but does blue screen (or red screen). So it's pretty much a "pick-your-poison" situation.....

This game, company, and customer service are a complete joke.

Message 34 of 477 (2,456 Views)

★★ Novice

Same problem here.

After map change my RAM goes up to 99%.

Only way to fix it is to reboot the system.

I´ve had the same problem with Battlefield 3.

But I didn´t notice this problem with the Battlefield 4 Beta, so I decided to buy it.

Bad decision.

AMD Phenom II X4 BE 965

8 GB DDR3 1333

ATI Radeon HD 5850

Windows 8.1

Due to I had this problem with bf3, I lost my hope that it will ever be fixed.

Message 35 of 477 (2,445 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hey, got the Problem in BF3 too. Solved it by unplugging the second monitor (HDMI).

Message 36 of 477 (2,406 Views)

★ Apprentice

I can confirm that the memory leak is still present even after the 10/12/2013 CLIENT update.

Message 37 of 477 (2,390 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've been having this issue as well, and it has gotten worse since China Rising.  Previously, I could play 6-8 games before the leak started happening, but now it's a 50% chance that at the second map load the NPP starts rising and I have to alt+f4 the client as a rescue measure.  I now play with task manager running on my second monitor.  I switched from my old Radeon 5870 to my brother-in-laws unused 6870, which seemed to make the problem worse.

Specs:

Windows 8.1 64-bit

Radeon 6850 1GB

ASUSX58T-P

6GB RAM

Dual Monitors, playing in Borderless Window, mostly medium with some high

Some notes:

1.  I'm running the most recent, non-beta ATI driver.

2.  Mostly play Conquest Large with 64 players.  I'm uncertain if this impacts it, but it seems I have the issue less frequently on Rush.

3.  Changing video settings did not remove the problem.

4.  None of the suggestions have worked for me.

Message 38 of 477 (2,383 Views)

★ Apprentice

@neomujahid wrote:

I can confirm that the memory leak is still present even after the 10/12/2013 CLIENT update.

Agreed, no fix from this update. ;(

Message 39 of 477 (2,339 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thanks for letting us know......... I guess we have to wait another month to be able to play the game

Message 40 of 477 (2,330 Views)