Re: [INFO REQUEST] NP Pool Memoryleak [PC only] - status: still not fixed

by OneNoteRiff

Original Post

★★ Novice

My game is crashing after loading because of using all my memory. I've only started to have this after the Dragon's teeth patch. I was able to play the day of release, and for some reason since then, I can't play at all anymore. I've never had this serious of an issue. Please help EA

Message 381 of 477 (1,447 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same as above.

Play the game for a few rounds, start to lag, take a look at task manager and all of my 16GB's of RAM is used.

"Non paged pool" is using 15/16GB's.

Only happens on BF4. 

It has been far to long to still be having these issues, as much as I love BF4, this is really killing the whole franchise for me.

Message 382 of 477 (1,373 Views)

★★★ Novice

took some time off from the game and i've not been able to get a game since i came back 3 weeks ago. ( Apart from one for 5 minutes where memory usage only rose to 89% ). Memory useage suddenly jumps to 99% while in the loading screen. At this point my system becomes unusable and only a hard reset will get it running again. been scouring forum, asking questions and trying fixes and work arounds for hours over the last 3 weeks. Time just wasted. Feel pretty ripped off now. Bought this game on xbox 360 where it wasnt any where up to the speck as advertised, upgraded to pc and bought the game again along with premium to get the full experience but its unplayable. I would like my money back on this one.  

Message 383 of 477 (1,344 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same problem here:

CPU: i5 2500k

GPU: AMD ATI HD6850 (XFX)

MEM: 16 GB (1600mHz; 4 DIMM)

After 1 or 2 map changes my RAM is filled up ~99% and my system starts swapping to the harddrive.

Message 384 of 477 (1,288 Views)

★★★ Newbie

same problem

asus ranger 2

16 gb ram

2 x 290 cf

DO SOMETHING, DAMIT!!!

Message 385 of 477 (1,191 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I find the problem kind of inconsistant (some days I'll play fine and never notice) but I think that's usually if I'm playing on a server that just rotates the same map and I'm not loading a new map at all.  Either way, been an issue from day 1 of game launch for me.

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.20

16.0 GB

Radeon 5870

Message 386 of 477 (1,133 Views)

★★ Novice

Herro..

I was one of the people who could only get 3 or 4 games in before the game would slow down and crash (multiplayer/campaign)

Im on windows 8.1 but I am now playing BF4 in windows 7 compatability mode and the crashes have completly stoped happening to me at least.

I went from playing 3 games aprox before massive memory spike/lag = crash in windows 8.1

to over two days playing constantly without any crashes in win 7 compatability mode (multiplayer and single)

try it out.

Message 387 of 477 (1,002 Views)

★★ Novice

False alarm, problem still ocuring in compatability mode.

sigh...and there I was thinking a game I paid for in 2014 over a year after release might actually be stable instead of crashing my PC......

thanks EA :manfrustrated:

Message 388 of 477 (908 Views)

Hero

@Mc_Mantis_89 wrote:

False alarm, problem still ocuring in compatability mode.

sigh...and there I was thinking a game I paid for in 2014 over a year after release might actually be stable instead of crashing my PC......

thanks EA :manfrustrated:

Yeah, the problem has an odd tendency to go away and then reappearing but not necessarily at the same time for the people having the problem. It's indeed very weird.

carbonic signature

Message 389 of 477 (905 Views)

Re: [Possible solutions/INFO REQUEST] NP Pool Memoryleak [PC only] - status: still not fixed

★★★★★ Novice

moi j ai sa

Boîtier ; thermaltake Armor+ mx

Carte mère ; msi z87-GD 65 gaming

Processeur ; I7 4770k

Ram ;GSkill 16Go DDR3 2400Mhz C10 Trident X

Carte Graphique ; msi gtx 760 4go ddr5 gaming

Alimentation ; Cooler Master GX 750W Bronze

disque dur ; ssd Crucial SSD 512Go M4 2.5"
sata 3 Seagate Barracuda 2To 64Mo 3.5

Ecran ; samsung syncmaster SA300

Clavier ; logitech G19S