Re: [INFO REQUEST] NP Pool Memoryleak [PC only] - status: still not fixed

by MSExcelPro

Original Post

Re: [INFO REQUEST] NP Pool Memoryleak [PC only] (updated June 03.)

★★★★★ Novice

I reinstalled my gpu drivers and so far everything works as intented. I hope this was no coincidence.

No stuttering, ram usuage is still pretty high, but far away from over 90% and when I quit the game I get my ram "back".

How can gpu drivers cause such a problem?

Message 371 of 477 (687 Views)

Re: [INFO REQUEST] NP Pool Memoryleak [PC only] (updated June 27.)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@rock1m1 wrote:

Ever since I upgraded to 14.7RC, after playing BF4 for some time, I get extreme slowdown. I check my memory, and there it was:

http://s1.postimg.org/tfwoj9sdb/Capture.jpg

Not sure if it is the latest Catalyst drivers or latest BF4 patch though, both came around the same time. However, I think the driver is to be blamed though, as I played with that patch without this issue.

It's not Catalyst 14.7. I don't know if your running Mantle crossfire but since the last patch july 8 it's been broken, and it has a memory leak. Turning crossfire off fixes it. 

I was using 14.6 for a while and it was great on BF4 Mantle crossfire. On the july 8 patch they messed with Mantle crossfire and broke it. I waited for DT hoping they messed with it for the dragons teeth (was hoping) it was the same.

I didn't update to 14.7 till a few days ago till then I already new turning crossfire off fixes the issue and in the patch notes it doesn't mention any fixes for BF4 so I new it wouldn't fix it plus other told me it hasn't.

After updating it's still broken if you try and use Crossfire while running Mantle.

I have a thread below regarding the issue introduced in the July 8 patch.

This is a old thread regarding an old issue. I just thought I'd let you know because it took me ages to work out the work around and just a day or so ago I finally got a response of sorts from DICE not on these forums but on twiter.

A week ago I tweeded BF nothing no reply... a few days later matros... nothing finally after tweeting VincentOK he pinged it to the technicle directer of  frosbite at Stockholm who I would imagine is his boss Johan Andersson, so I am finnaly calm knowing and hoping it will soon be fixed.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-4/Latest-update-July-8-2014-broke-BF4-Multi-GPU-on-Mantle/m-p/3...

Message 372 of 477 (685 Views)

★ Apprentice

@TrackerZz wrote:

Since the last update preparatory days DLC pack "Dragon's Teeth" I have exactly the same problem.

Cpu: AMD FX 8350 
Ram: 16gb ddr3
Gpu: HD7990
HD: SSD 160GB

I tried the 14.3 drivers, 14.4 and last 14.7RC1 and nothing changes ...
it is shameful, 8 months after the release of the game always encountered this kind of problem.

More specifically I invested in AMD hardware at the output of your games.

I am in total impossibility to play

as my previous post try turning crossfire off if using Mantle. It broken since the july 8 patch, it runs out of memory. Using only one GPU has no issues though.

Message 373 of 477 (683 Views)

Re: [INFO REQUEST] NP Pool Memoryleak [PC only] (updated June 03.)

★ Apprentice

i think its more of a problem with using a public browser for a game interface... they could have done it same way with no browsers...  the game updates to battlelog player infos, stats etc. as you are playing... plus forum post etc. all update in the background of gameplaying...

thats alot of ways to leak memory

get rid of Battlelog on Browsers, and just code a browser into the game its not that hard for a big corporation like EA

Message 374 of 477 (664 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

not really

im running 14.7 RC Mantle Crossfired at over 70/140+ FPS on Ultra, depends on map. like Locker and Metro will go above 140 FPS,  the only negative i get is Heat generated from 2 GPU's so i have to Cool Better

http://i57.tinypic.com/35cmngw.png

Message 375 of 477 (669 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I have no idea if this can help you guys but worth a shot.......

http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_4/comments/1xftur/npp_memory_leak/

________________________________________________________________________________

I do NOT work for EA , I am just a gamer who will try to help another gamer on PC fix BF4 issues. Did I try and help you @ all? Reward me with a XP. If I solved your question please hit Accept As Solution on my post so others know it worked.

Message 376 of 477 (665 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@2042isNotBF wrote:

I have no idea if this can help you guys but worth a shot.......

http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_4/comments/1xftur/npp_memory_leak/

________________________________________________________________________________

@I do NOT work for EA , I am just a gamer who will try to help another gamer on PC fix BF4 issues. Did I try and help you @ all? Reward me with a XP. If I solved your question please hit Accept As Solution on my post so others know it worked.

No, that script will just try to terminate BF4 before it completely consumes all the memory. That way you can do a "clean" restart of your computer rather than having to do a hard reset when the OS stops responding completely.

I have noticed though that 8.1 update 1 seeme to detect he leak and "crash" the video driver before the system grinds, so that script isn't really needed. Still needs a reboot though.

I till find the only way to avoid the leak is to switch to window mode (alt-enter) at the end of each round at the awards/stats summary before the next map starts loading, then switch back to full screen again when the next game starts.

Message 377 of 477 (656 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This is so **bleep**. I can't play for more than a hour again and I can't even get help from EA. My game is pretty much unplayable

Message 378 of 477 (636 Views)

★ Novice

I fixed my issue by getting rid of my AMD card. I now back to NVIDIA and the game runs like a dream. Hope this issue gets sorted out for you all Standard smile

Message 379 of 477 (623 Views)

★★ Novice

This is getting really freaking annoying.

I have taken a little over 1 month break from BF4.. getting to damn frustrated with the Leaks.

I come back & its WORSE than it was before.

In the past month i've reinstalled my OS & redownloaded all this **bleep**..  Only to come back & have memory leaks every damn game.. Half the games i Cannot even FInish..

What the hell is wrong with EA/Dice? Do they even give a **bleep**?

I am seriously never buying another piece of **bleep** game from these worthless **bleep** again.

Thanks for wasting my $125 pre-order money & filling my life with un-needed rage.

I will also never be buying another AMD GPU again.  As their just as worthless with support as well.

PS Fix your **bleep** before you release another train wreck. 

Message 380 of 477 (1,422 Views)