Re: I can't resume the campaign.

by TapouTony420

Original Post

I can't resume the campaign.

★★★ Novice

I just  completed  the campaign Mission in BAKU and progressed onto  Shanghai .I entered the building and entered  the door to the vip floor after a heavy gun battle . After words my vga heated up and had to reboot my pc .Now when I relaunch BF4 I see the shanghai campaign as not completed .At the same time I cannot even resume from there .Instead my campaign starts all over from BAKU .I have had to play that a 4rth time .I don't want to play it a 5th time again . Whtas going on ? Why cant I resume my campaign at Shanghai? .Help needed please .

Message 1 of 10 (2,387 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hello @Codysgun,

When your PC overheated, it may have caused the game save to corrupt deeming all the progress lost. In a situation like this, you will unfortunately have to start over considering the game save data is most likely corrupted. If you fear this may happen again, I would recommend you enable cloud storage so the game save will be lost again.

Message 2 of 10 (2,377 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Codysgun hello!
Look, when you turned off your PC the game didn't saved your progress..for future references, while you're doing campgain on BF7 you always have to back out to the in-game menu or it won't save... Helpful? :D

I am not a EA employee so feel free to hit that "Give XP" button , also, if I fixed your problem, please click "Accept as Answer"

-SOS Sir.B
Message 3 of 10 (2,361 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Codysgun

One thing that could cause this issue as well is your PC not having the correct permissions for the game to save files to your PC.  Try setting BF4 to "Run As Admin" in the settings (I can walk you thru the steps if you don't know how to set a .exe to run as admin permanently), and this will make sure it allows the program to create and edit the save folder / files.

Did my post help you? Click "Grant XP"
Did my post solve your issue? Click "Accept As Solution"

I do not work for EA. I am just a gamer helping fellow gamers.

See you on the Battlefield!!!

Multi-Platform Elite Race: PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3, PS4

I DO NOT ANSWER PMs. IF YOU NEED HELP, POST A NEW THREAD SO THE WHOLE COMMUNITY CAN GIVE INPUT, AND IF IT GETS SOLVED, EVERYONE CAN SEE THE SOLUTION.

Message 4 of 10 (2,351 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ill try that option of getting to the in-game menu and then returning to the game .Cause I feel like banging my head against something for save game corrupts due to pc heat ups .

Message 5 of 10 (2,344 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

ah just nothing

Message 6 of 10 (2,343 Views)

★★★ Novice

I think I could use help in setting the .exe file to execute as admin please .

Message 7 of 10 (2,339 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Codysgun

To set BF4.exe to run as admin, follow these steps:

1.  Open up your file explorer

2.  Find where BF4 is installed

3.  In the BF4 folder, find the BF4.exe file

4.  Right-click and hit Properties

5.  Go to the Compatibility Tab

6.  Check the box next to Run this program as an administrator

7.  Select OK

Try running the game again and see if it saves your progress

Did my post help you? Click "Grant XP"
Did my post solve your issue? Click "Accept As Solution"

I do not work for EA. I am just a gamer helping fellow gamers.

See you on the Battlefield!!!

Multi-Platform Elite Race: PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3, PS4

I DO NOT ANSWER PMs. IF YOU NEED HELP, POST A NEW THREAD SO THE WHOLE COMMUNITY CAN GIVE INPUT, AND IF IT GETS SOLVED, EVERYONE CAN SEE THE SOLUTION.

Message 8 of 10 (2,329 Views)

★★★ Newbie

for me it just doesnt let me play 

Message 9 of 10 (1,171 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it being necroed.

If you have any issues with Battlefield 4 please make a new topic about the issues you are having and what kind of steps you have tried to solve it.

/Atic
Message 10 of 10 (1,085 Views)