I STILL CAN'T JOIN SERVERS!

by RidgeTheGamer

Original Post

I STILL CAN'T JOIN SERVERS!

★★ Novice

The update didn't change anything. Only about 5-8 servers show up and when I join them it will have a black screen and the loading thing flashes in the top right. It lasts for about 15-25 seconds then it crashes. It tells me this on Battlelog, "

ERROR
You were disconnected from EA Online. Please check your internet connection or try again later. Soccer ball." 
Help would very much be appreciated. I know the servers were down this weekend but I am still unable to play.
- Ridge
Message 1 of 2 (246 Views)

Re: I STILL CAN'T JOIN SERVERS!

Hero

Well, you should probably check your internet connection as suggested. I however have some things you can try:

Things you should always try / make sure:

• Make sure your computer meet all the game requirements
  • Try restarting your computer/console and network equipment (routers, switches etc.) by removing the powercord for 3 minutes.
  • Try another browser (Chrome/FireFox/IE)
  • Try repairing your game in Origin (right click > repair)
  • Try reloading your games in Origin by pressing “Reload My Games”
  • Check if Punkbuster is running correctly and update it manually
    https://help.ea.com/in/article/punkbuster-technical-issues 
  • Try setting bf4.exe and Origin as a trusted application in the windows(/other) firewall
  • Update ALL your drivers especially the graphics card but also components like soundcards, network card, motherboard/chipset, headset and mouse+keyboard, to the newest version, if the problem came with a new driver then remove that driver and downgrade to the driver that worked.
  • Try to empty your browser's cache, history and temporary files.
  • Make sure your harddrives are not having troubles
    http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-do-i-run-chkdsk/
  • Update your Windows using Windows update.
  • Run Origin and Battlefield 4 as administrator
    runasadministrator.jpg
  • If you have a console power if off by holding the power button for at least 10 seconds to clear the cache.

General System Troubleshooting:

Network Troubleshooting:

carbonic signature

Message 2 of 2 (244 Views)