Re: How do I submit a complaint about BF4?

by Carbonic

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How do I submit a complaint about BF4?

★★★★★ Newbie

I've tried to play BF4 a total of 5 times over the past week; only 3 of times I could play it.  Before I go any further let me say, my system absolutely meets the system requirements, so hardware is NOT an issue. Also, all my drivers ARE up to date.

The two times I could not play it was because the game froze while loading the multiplayer level each time. I tried loading a variety of levels and game types, to no avail. 

The three times I COULD play, I'd get disconnected at random points during the game play.  I'd be disconnected anywhere from once every 40min-2 hours.  In these instances I could simply load into another server, but not the server I was just playing.   I believe this issue robbed me of some XP too.

I've looked through the forums for various fixes, some of which are simple, some of which are complex, none of which have fixed any issue.  That's because the main issue, as I see it, is the game itself (or at least the battlelog software), is buggy and poorly executed. 

I'm done looking for a fix, now I just want the opportunity to tell some one their product, which should be as easy to play as the other 53 games on my computer, is too frustrating to be enjoyed.  You have failed me again EA, barring this issue ACTUALLY being fixed in a much needed patch; this will be the last game I buy which you have had any hand in, you corporate **bleep**s.

Message 1 of 27 (5,803 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

I understand if you are mad, am a little mad myself, but since this is a solution oriented user to user support forum, let me try to answer your question.

Complaints is the same as feedback in this situation I think, if you want to report bugs, make suggestions or discuss all the things that doesn't work a place where Dice will see them you should do so in Battlelog which is designed for just that.

If you want help with your technical questions you can create another thread in here with that and other users who have been through the same might be able to help.

If you want to sue EA I don't think you can do so before trying to get a refund, for that you will have to contact an EA Advisor by going to https://help.ea.com/contact-us
You will have to write some keywords about your problem, then fill out product, category and platform, press “Find Solutions” and then “I Still Need Help”. Then your contact options will appear. If live chat/phone does not appear, it might be closed in your area at the moment and you might consider changing it to: “United States” or something else in the language selector in the bottom of the page for a better result. EA advisors may also help you with technical support should Answers HQ fail.

carbonic signature

View in thread

Message 5 of 27 (5,846 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

The issue really is Ea/DICE released another game a month or 2 to quick before released. For the ppl that pre-ordered we gave them our money to make interest off of it and then we will wait another 2 months for the game to actually work.

Somewhere there is class action lawsuit for releasing something that ppl paid for that doesnt work properly. Been faithful since 1942 but never again.

SO PROUDLY announced on a EA forum who else thinks enough of us adult gamers need to take this to another level instead of paying for something that once again doesnt work on release. The beta was really alpha and we are paying customers runnign less then beta quality.

Message 2 of 27 (5,765 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Agreed!

Message 3 of 27 (5,760 Views)

★★★★ Novice

you're right, the **bleep**ers who made this game are so eager to take my money in exchange for a semi-functioning game but not so eager to fix something that's all their damn fault.

Message 4 of 27 (5,755 Views)

Hero

I understand if you are mad, am a little mad myself, but since this is a solution oriented user to user support forum, let me try to answer your question.

Complaints is the same as feedback in this situation I think, if you want to report bugs, make suggestions or discuss all the things that doesn't work a place where Dice will see them you should do so in Battlelog which is designed for just that.

If you want help with your technical questions you can create another thread in here with that and other users who have been through the same might be able to help.

If you want to sue EA I don't think you can do so before trying to get a refund, for that you will have to contact an EA Advisor by going to https://help.ea.com/contact-us
You will have to write some keywords about your problem, then fill out product, category and platform, press “Find Solutions” and then “I Still Need Help”. Then your contact options will appear. If live chat/phone does not appear, it might be closed in your area at the moment and you might consider changing it to: “United States” or something else in the language selector in the bottom of the page for a better result. EA advisors may also help you with technical support should Answers HQ fail.

carbonic signature

Message 5 of 27 (5,847 Views)

★★★ Novice

I tried a support email in BF3 that took 60 days for a response. So i have little faith in the EA system since technicial support or complaints seem to be like the game released.

I have bought the series X 2 copies each since 1942 for my son to play with me, and i really feel EA does not really care about not just their loyal repeat customers but new ones.

I guess complaining doesnt really do anything in the end anyway. Releasing PC games that do not function correct has been a normal EA/DICE thing since the beginning. I really just thought this time it would be different so i actually accept responsibility for thinking it would be different.

My mistake as a paying customer for last 10 years.

Vito

Message 6 of 27 (5,731 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thanks Carbonic!  I was browing around the battlelog to try and report my issues but was unable to find any "support" or "report bug" tabs.   Could you point me in the right direction?  I don't want to sue EA, thouigh I may just ask for a refund as you suggested.  I appreicate the help Standard smile

Message 7 of 27 (5,706 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Vito, 

I've been right there with you buddy, 1942-BF4.  It seems like they've gotten worse over the years to me, thanks for saving me some time and frustration.  I guess I'll just see if I can get a refund and never buy another EA/DICE game again.

Message 8 of 27 (5,706 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Go to the better business bureau website to submit a complaint. Hopefully we can get our money back that way.
Message 9 of 27 (5,661 Views)

★★★ Novice

Well let's be perfectly honest. We all have loved the BF series for last 10 years. Its the greed to release a unfinished game that is the issue from EA.

For ppl who pre-ordered game and premium etc...$112.00 to play a alpha like game while EA gets the interest money you paid up front months and months ago to actually purchase a finished product. Who the F is the project manager for something like this and still says its released should be fired.

For Future.

NEVER EVER PRE-ORDER ANYTHING FROM EA until you hear from others that the game works. Simple, we know we want the game but why give them money ahead of time they make in interest to give a broken game in the end. Former releases were somewhat buggy....this is borderline unplayable but not enjoyable at all the way it is.

I'll never pre-order anything related and sure as hell not buying the DLC they are promoting for Dec 3rd when the main game it self is still broken. Why promote a DLC to a broken game...oh wait...greed for more money with a crappy product.

Message 10 of 27 (5,508 Views)