How do I get the 'B' key to stop opening the console in BF4?

by gospadin

Original Post

How do I get the 'B' key to stop opening the console in BF4?

★★★ Newbie

Seriously frustrating.  The B key is opening the console, and I have no way to prevent it from occurring.  This interferes with my custom keybindings and makes the game unplayable.

Message 1 of 16 (5,388 Views)

Re: How do I get the 'B' key to stop opening the console in BF4?

★ Apprentice

Yeah this is super annoying. I also use B for a unusual layout that I have been using for a while, and this prevents me from being able to really play.

Message 2 of 16 (5,330 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ditto.  Please fix this

Message 3 of 16 (5,294 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've been using B for sprint in all FPS games since about 15 years back, so this is kind of annoying.

Message 4 of 16 (5,263 Views)

★★★ Novice

I  have a fang gaming pad .And now the b key opens the consloe but dose not close it.so i have to go to my key borad. Why would EA change the lay out. my key borad tidle key will open and close the console.and my pad only opens it. HELP

Message 5 of 16 (5,186 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I don't have the problem, but i agree it is another "terrible" design decition without consulting "players"

CONSOLE key has always and SHOULD always be the key left to 1 "½"  or tilde..

Typical Bsc. decition who has read about it, in some book somewhere, and call it innovative.

Message 6 of 16 (5,183 Views)

★★ Novice

Same issue! I have been using the same costume key binding setup for all my FPS games for the last 16 years and the B key is usually used for Ventrillo when I play with real life friends.

I'm about ready to punch a baby because of some these issues.

I hit B to talk to my bro (because my brain is hardwired to) who I've just spawned on to tell him about that bad guy about to waist both of us, but he didn't hear because I was forced to rebind my Vent key and now my guy is just standing there doing nothing while this guy wasted me and my bro and my bro keys up Vent to give me a hard time about my lack of action. I have to let him know I was typing in the console again instead of kick some butt. My bro is tired of my complaining so I stopped playing.

$60 for a broken game is really starting to make the vein in my forehead pop out!

I've played BF3 extensively and have had no issues with it at all.

I'm sure there is someone  in the dev team that was auguring a good point to push back the release of the game so that issues could be addressed, but I'm sure some exec was like "Well I just ordered my yacht and we are going ahead with a broken game release so that we don't hurt our button line."

I would have been more then happy to wait another 6 months for a game not so broken. Crashes, key binding issues, progression not registering.

Come on guys you been pushing this thing like crazy. I've seen the commercials at least 1000 times for this game. Could have spent some of that advertising cash on development instead. Did you really need to hype it so hard. Most of us who bought the game are repeat offenders and love it and we don't have an issue forking out a lot of cash to play high end game on a high end computer. If we didn't we would have a PS3 or an XboX.

Message 7 of 16 (5,101 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Same issue here. No answer form EA or Dice on this. And... The "B" key is also mapped to expand the mini map. So my question isn't "when are you going to make a statement or even fix this"; my question is what were your QA people smoking??

I don't see how this can have passed the QA if the default installation is using the "B" key as well...

Please fix it so we can move on. You may also tell your QA people to take shut down their brains AFTER testing as well as fire the lazy programmer that hard-coded the "B" key to open the console.

I am sorry to have to be so cynical, but it annoys the hell out of me playing the game and having some software development experience myself I really, really don't see how this was missed...

Message 8 of 16 (5,001 Views)

★ Novice

I was playing last night and accidentally pressed it and had to CTRL, ALT DEL because I tried every key on my keyboard to try and get out of it and it REFUSED to do so.

I still dont know how to UNDO the Console "B" on my computer. I done`t even know where to find that information out (my game manual is in Japanese [I live in Japan and dont read Kanji])...

If anyone out there knows the UNDO...... please tell.

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZe `EA` SPEILL ZE BEANZZZZZ.

Message 9 of 16 (4,896 Views)

★★★ Newbie

EA/Dice is this really tha hard to fix...?????

Message 10 of 16 (4,433 Views)