Gun keeps firing/ shooting non stop

by homieoc

Original Post

Gun keeps firing/ shooting non stop

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Any gun whether its campaign or multiplayer, it keeps shooting. Only way to stop it is hitting "V" Key, but then the gun wont shoot after i hit "V" Key

I've reset all Binded keys, i've reinstalled BF4 over 5 times, and deleted the install folders. I Made sure no joy stick was connected also since i know thats a issue. IVE DONE EVERYTHING. EA support can't even figure it out.. theyforwarded it to the deveolopers

DOES anyone have a fix ? Im desperate i really wanna play

Message 1 of 8 (16,101 Views)

Re: Gun keeps firing/ shooting non stop

Community Manager (retired)

That is indeed a weird issue. Could you please tell us the exact details about your PC hardware, including your mouse/keyboard and driver software (regarding gaming devices) you have installed on your machine? 

Cheers

Basti

Message 2 of 8 (16,057 Views)

★ Novice

My gun also keeps firing. I reinstalled Battlefield 4, reinstalled mouse firmware, and changed the mouse twice and never worked. I kept on resetting the settings but it doesn't work. I just got Battlefield 4 last weekend, and I don't want to know that I just wasted $49.99 on a broken video game.

My computer specs, if it helps:

Mouse: Logitech G500 Gaming Mouse

Keyboard: Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k

Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme4

PSU: Corsair 600 watt modular power supply

HDD: WD Caviar Blue 500GB

SSD: 240GB Crucial M500

I really really want to get back into the game. Please find a fix quickly. I looked on all the BF4 Forums and there are no solutions.

Thanks

Message 3 of 8 (16,047 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ok..If you are using a mouse/keyboard combination, Clear all key bindings on foot of gamepad. Then, in your device manager, disable your joystick...

If you are using gamepad and the gun fires shooting, clear all key bindings on foot for mouse and keyboard. And then, in your device manager, disable your mouse..I think you dont have to uninstall the driver software..I hope that works..

Message 4 of 8 (15,962 Views)

★ Novice

I've just installed BF4 and am having the exact same issue. Has anyone found a solution?

I have unplugged my joystick, uninstalled my mouse/keyboard driver then installed the latest and still have the issue.

Message 5 of 8 (15,517 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I had this problem sometime back in another game, and what I found was that there were programs taking all my CPU power.

Try opening task manager (CTRL+ALT+DELETE), and from there go to processes list. On there you need to click the 'CPU' button to sort the list.

Then when it's already sorted take a screenshot and attach it in this topic or make a new post with it.

Also, if you use Autohotkey, that could be the issue, as you said if you press 'V' you cannot fire.

Also try to run the game at low graphics and see if it still occurs.

Message 6 of 8 (15,503 Views)

★ Novice

I just realized i have my joystick connected to my pc, with the throttle up.

For some reason that was making me fire non stop. Unplugged my joystick and problem solved.

Message 7 of 8 (9,971 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it being necroed.

If you have any issues with Battlefield 4 please make a new topic about the issues you are having and what kind of steps you have tried to solve it.

/Atic
Message 8 of 8 (9,881 Views)