Re: Grey Crash

by kmh42

Original Post

Grey Crash

★★★ Novice

I returned to BF4 after a few months break and downloaded all DLCs. But now I have a serious problem with the game. When I press ALT-TAB to switch to another PC programm my hole PC freezes and the screen gets grey and restart it self after a few minutes. I get this crash also when I am in a game and the next map is loading. Sometimes I even get this crash when I quit the game.

PC: Win10 x64, Intel i5, GeForce 770 Latest driver (384.94), 8GB RAM

Message 1 of 14 (759 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @kmh42 

I am really sorry for those issues with the game. Can you try to perform Clean GPU drivers reinstall? Disabling Origin in-game option might also fix this. Keep us posted on your progress.

Cheers,

Archi 

Archi.png
Message 2 of 14 (729 Views)

★★★ Novice

I installed the new latest driver and have still the same problem. What are Origin In-game options? I have default install of origin and BF4, nothing was adjusted int any options.

Message 3 of 14 (675 Views)

★★★ Novice

Now I did a clean install with the Display Driver Uninstaller programm. I will report again if something get's better.

Message 4 of 14 (648 Views)

★★★ Novice

Nope! Still not working.

Message 5 of 14 (604 Views)

EA Community Manager

Hey @kmh42,

it would be awesome if you could create a DxDiag file, that usually helps narrow down errors like this - here's a guide on how to do this.

Message 6 of 14 (598 Views)

★★★ Novice
Message 7 of 14 (591 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Community Manager

Hey @kmh42,

thanks for that file - could you try to update the .NET framework?

Also run the System File Checker - hit the Windows Key + R, type "cmd" and hit enter. In the Command Line, type "sfc /scannow" and hit enter again.

Third thing you can do is try to run the game using a different windows user account.

Message 8 of 14 (569 Views)

★★★ Novice

How do i uninstall .NET correctly?

The scan was completed with no errors.

I don't have a second Windows user yet. Maybe I test it in time.

Message 9 of 14 (558 Views)

EA Community Manager

Hey @kmh42,

sorry, that was my choice of words - you cannot completely uninstall .NET framework since it comes with Windows, you could turn it off as Windows Feature though. To do so, go to Control Panel->Programs ->Turn Windows Features on or off. I'd just try to update it and set up the new Windows User Account, too.

Message 10 of 14 (551 Views)