Getting kicked from servers - punkbuster error - I maybe didn't install something right

by FacerollKillah

Original Post

Getting kicked from servers - punkbuster error - I maybe didn't install something right

★ Novice

I just put BF4 on a new win 8.1 install. When I installed it, I chose to not install punkbuster because I wanted to get the most up to date punkbuster files from the punkbuster website. I think there is a possibility that this is causing an issue I'm facing now.

The issue is that when I try to log into a server to play I get kicked for this error:  "ERROR: Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: Punkbuster kicked player 'FacerollKillah' [for 0 minutes] ... RESTRICTION: Service Communication Failure: PnkBstrA.exe" This happens even though I downloaded the punkbuster client and updated with the latest punkbuster.

How can I fix this? I hope I don't have to reinstall the whole thing over from scratch.

Message 3 of 4 (3,688 Views)

Really heavy Punkbuster problem. -experienced PC user needs help-

★★★ Newbie

Hello there. My name is Jonas and I've got a problem with my PB through connecting to Battlefield 4. This is the message i am receiving: ERROR Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster kicked player 'Lt_Brumbaer' (for 0 minutes) ... RESTRICTION: Service Communication Failure: PnkBstrA.exe.

Normally it was no problem for me to solve in Battlefield 3.

Next steps I took were to update PB through pbsvc.exe located in the Origin Games/Battlefield 4/_Installer/PunkBuster/redist folder. Since it took no effect I started to update PB manually through the latest version of PB located on evenbalance.com. Still it didn't work. Also i uninstall all files of PB, deleted all files in the PB folder and cleared registry. Then I did a clean installation of PB latest version again with no effect.

Also I allowed Ad-Block for the entire battlelog website. Aso i tried to switch browsers.

Next steps I took were open up these Ports:
Ports for PB Client: 2439, 4430, 45301, 44301
Ports for PB Server: 24349, 24305

Also I created explicit Rules that PBA and PBB in the system32 folder can connect to the internet and get a connection through the internet. Just to be sure I also allowed PBA and PBB in the SysWOW64 folder for connection.
Since the problem still occurs I started to partly turn off my Anti-Virus F-Secure + Firewall and my Windows Firewall to hopefully get PB connect to the internet. And it still don't work. Then I turned off all Firewalls I've got and the Anti-Virus too - with no effect. 

After I tried to repair my installation of Battlefield 4 through Origin I still have problems to connect to any ranked/official server.

After each installation and Firewall settings i restarted my computer of course.

The problem is quite clear: pbsvc.exe doesn't get a Port.

So I really tried all solutions which are out there in the forums of EA and much other forums but I still cannot get on servers.

Please help me.

System specifications:

Graphic: Palit Jetstream 680 GTX

Graphic driver: newest  (also tried older ones)

RAM: 16GB

Internet: 600kbp/s

Log Files:

pbsvc.exe installation:

Spoiler

Checking user is Administrator OK
Checking Administrator privileges OK
Opening Service Control Manager OK
Searching for PnkBstrA Found - OK
Extracting PnkBstrA service OK
Verifying service authenticity OK
Installing PunkBuster service OK
Installed at "C:\Windows\system32\PnkBstrA.exe"
serviceInstallFile does exist
Checking PunkBuster service status STOPPED
Starting PunkBuster service OK
Adding firewall rule for PnkBstrA OK
Adding firewall rule for PnkBstrB OK
Installation Finished.

Please click "Next" to test the PunkBuster services.

Service Check:

Spoiler

Starting PunkBuster Service Tests (v0.993) (11/10/13 13:14:05)
Checking OS
Windows NT 6.1 (build 7601, Service Pack 1) 64-bit
Checking PnkBstrA service status RUNNING
Checking PnkBstrA Version OK (1036)
Extracting "PnkBstrB.exe" to:
"C:\Users\......\AppData\Roaming\PnkBstrB.exe"
OK
Checking firewall settings OFF
Is PnkBstrA explicitly allowed?
C:\Windows\system32\PnkBstrA.exe NO
Is PnkBstrB explicitly allowed?
C:\Windows\system32\PnkBstrB.exe NO
Checking if PnkBstrB is running NOT RUNNING
Getting port for PnkBstrA FAILED
Opening socket for packet send OK
Sending version packet to PnkBstrA SENT
Receiving version from PnkBstrA TIMEOUT
Getting PnkBstrB install instance NOT FOUND
Sending start packet to PnkBstrA SENT
Waiting for packet from PnkBstrA TIMEOUT
Watching for PnkBstrB instance change (0) TIMEOUT
Getting port for PnkBstrB FAILED

Sending version packet to PnkBstrB SENT
Receiving version from PnkBstrB TIMEOUT
Checking PnkBstrK driver status NOT FOUND
Manually stopping PnkBstrB FAILED - no handle
Removing test PnkBstrB file OK
PnkBstrA.log: [11.10.2013 00:20:02] PnkBstrA v1036 Service Started Successfully. This service is a component of the PunkBuster Anti-Cheat system. Visit http://www.evenbalance.com for more information.
[11.10.2013 00:20:02] ERROR: CRITICAL ERROR: Failed to bind socket to port 44301
[11.10.2013 01:01:44] PnkBstrA v1036 Service Started Successfully. This service is a component of the PunkBuster Anti-Cheat system. Visit http://www.evenbalance.com for more information.
[11.10.2013 01:01:44] ERROR: CRITICAL ERROR: Failed to bind socket to port 44301
[11.10.2013 13:12:54] PnkBstrA v1036 Service Started Successfully. This service is a component of the PunkBuster Anti-Cheat system. Visit http://www.evenbalance.com for more information.
[11.10.2013 13:12:54] ERROR: CRITICAL ERROR: Failed to bind socket to port 44301

PnkBstrB.log: [EMPTY]

----------------------------------
Tests finished.

Message 1 of 4 (3,689 Views)

getting kicked after playing like 20 seconds?

★★★ Newbie
ERROR
Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster kicked player 'Calibrus_3' (for 0 minutes) ... RESTRICTION: Service Communication Failure: PnkBstrA.exe. this is the only thing thats comes up after playing 20 sec, have i been baned for no reason or something? 
Message 2 of 4 (3,661 Views)

Re: Getting kicked from servers - punkbuster error - I maybe didn't install something right

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
  • Head to the Battlefield 4 installation folder, C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4 by default, then find the _Installer folder.
  • In _Installer, find and navigate into the Punkbuster folder, and from there, into the redist folder.

Find and run pbsvc.exe to update or repair your Punkbuster installation.

If the above folders don’t exist in your installation:

• Head to punkbuster.com and click the Download PBSetup button, and select the option “For All Windows Games."
  • Open pbsetup.zip, then run pbsetup.exe. Accept the EULA, follow the instructions, update PunkBuster, and then click Add a Game.
  • In the drop down menu, select Battlefield 4, then Add Game, and finally, before trying to run Battlefield 4 again, Check for Updates.

If you are kicked from your game and receive the error, PunkBuster kicked player 'your name' (for 0 minutes) ... RESTRICTION: Service Communication Failure: PnkBstrA.exe),” the above steps will help resolve your issues as well. 

@Hurschi93

Yours is a trickier issue. Try the following steps:

1. Open an elevated command prompt
  2. Type ipconfig /flushdns
  3. Type ipconfig /registerdns
  4. Type ipconfig /release  
  5. Type ipconfig /renew   
  6. Type netsh winsoc reset
  7. Restart your machine

Also, if those steps do not help try checking your system files: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

barry.png
Message 4 of 4 (3,655 Views)