Game won't launch online/offline mode; leaves hanging process

by pwndbyagerbil

Original Post

Game won't launch online/offline mode; leaves hanging process

★★★ Newbie

Hello, I'm having an issue running Battlefield 4. When trying to join any multiplayer game, test range or the campaign, it becomes stuck at "Initializing" or "Joining game". BF4.exe opens in the process manager, and cannot be killed by ending process/process tree (although sometimes hitting "end task" and then exiting Origin will close it). If launched from Battlelog, the above happens, but if launched via offline mode in Origin, it will open a black Battlefield 4 window, but nothing happens beyond that.

System specs are
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
NVIDIA GTX 670 (4Gb edition)
Intel Core i7-2700K
8Gb RAM
The game is installed to an SSD as well.

There are several PunkBuster errors, one during the end of installation regarding PnkBsterB's logfile, but since the game won't open online or offline, it's probably not PunkBuster (although I'd still like to get that fixed as well obviously).

The ways I've attempted to fix it are numerous reinstalls (five times, both with and without the DLC), manually installing PunkBuster with pbsetup and pbsvc and adding Battlefield 4 to it, disabling Origin in-game, setting both the x64 and x84 .exes to run as Administrator, running the game via both, making sure PunkBuster is allowed through the firewall; running Origin as Administrator and reinstalling Origin completely (on another drive as well); running the game via both .exes, and reinstalling the Battlelog plugin via both Chrome and Opera browsers; updating as well as clean-reinstalling graphics drivers, updating .NET framework, running virus/malware scans with various programs, using IOBit to clean uninstall Battlefield 4 and Origin and reinstalling, and running a repair on Origin as the latest try (the last just does the end install process again [not the download part] and turns up the PnkBstr error) and then running in offline mode.

I've also tried the sfc /scannow advice that has been given on other threads, and performed other system and registry checks.

Any help appreciated.

Message 1 of 2 (223 Views)

Re: Game won't launch online/offline mode; leaves hanging process

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Similar issues here. I have tried similar things as above with no success. 

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
HD 7870
Intel Core i5 4690
8Gb RAM

standard WD  BLUE HDD

This is pretty disappointing. I paid good money for this and now I can't play it at all.

Message 2 of 2 (195 Views)