Re: Game will not Launch after closing.

by Carbonic

Original Post

Game will not Launch after closing.

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Once I quit from a game. The next time I try to join a server the Web Launcher says "Playing on PC" after going through the steps as normal. However the game never actually launches. In order to remedy the issue I have to "repair" the game every time i want to play it. This is really annoying. This is the only game that causes me any issues.

This happens in the other browsers. Tested in Firefox, Chrome, and Edge.

Message 1 of 6 (295 Views)

Community Manager

@Avocade Hmm, that's odd. After closing the game can you press Ctrl,shift and Esc to bring up the task manager, then check for any BF4 processes or services that are still running?

You mention needing to repair, but can I check if a system restart has any effect?

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 6 (272 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

The game does show up in the task manager but the applications does not open and is not selectable. Restarting doesn't seem to help either. During the "Logging In" phase of launching the app propagates momentarily, it then disappears, then becomes a background process. If I'm fast enough to click it for the brief moment it pops up I'm able to get into the game. I can launch Battlefield Hardline and Battlefield 3 just fine from the web launcher.

Thank you for the quick reply by the way.

Message 3 of 6 (268 Views)

Hero

Hi @Avocade as you havn't mentioned anything about what system you use or attached a dxdiag.txt file this is a shot in the dark but the latest Windows 10 update added some issues with BF4 in anything but Fullscreen mode.

If you use Windows 10 the current workarounds are to either set the game to Fullscreen in the settings file located at:

C:\Users\YourUsername\Documents\Battlefield 4\settings\ in the file PROFSAVE_profile

or you try setting virtual desktops to show all desktops like in the picture below:

desktops.jpg

carbonic signature

Message 4 of 6 (254 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

i7 4770k 

16 GB Ram

2 GTX 780 Classified's in SLI

and yes i run Windows 10

I do run the game in FullScreen

Message 5 of 6 (246 Views)

Hero

Did you try the 2 solutions anyway?

Also, does it happen if you do a clean boot?

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

carbonic signature

Message 6 of 6 (234 Views)