Re: Game freezes since 2 weeks

by deltapapafree

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game freezes since 2 weeks

★ Novice

Never had any problems with BF4, playing the game since its release with the same pc on ultra. Since 2 weeks i can't finish a single game because the game freezes (5-10mins gametime) and the game crashes (bf4 stops working). I reinstalled the graphic driver and even tried the older version but nothing works. I tried the repair option in origin but there was still the same result. CPU temperature is also no problem.

GPU GeForce GTX 680

CPU AMD FX(tm) - 8350 Eigth-Core Processor

SPeicher 8,00 GB RAM

Auflösung 1920x1080, 60Hz

Treiberversion 347.09

Betriebssystem Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium

Message 1 of 5 (441 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Expert

Hey... @PlyrGrandma4

-Check the minimum system requirements of the game against your computer (Windows/Mac) and update any drivers that are out-of-date.
-Unplug all USB devices (aside from the mouse and keyboard) and try the game again.
-Disable the Origin in-game overlay (IGO).
-To do this, launch the Origin client, then go to the Origin menu, Application Settings, Origin In Game, and then uncheck "Enable Origin In Game."
-Update the game.
-Repair the game install.
-Update your system (Windows/Mac)

[Am not working for EA, If is answer good pls give me XP or accept as solution.]

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (382 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

My old error got to love it not and a error as old as win95 :womantongue: ok I can try to help you. This error can come from many places on a PC from programs to a setting and my list goes on with this error. To try and help you  I will list some main things for you to read and try it all  and I will try and put this into some kind of order for you to try.

first settings do all this..

Run the game as Administrator:
Go to the Origin games folder (C:\Program Files (x64)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4) and find Bf4.exe. Right click it and go to PROPERTIES, then COMPATIBILITY and check the box next to RUN THIS PROGRAM AS ADMINISTRATOR.
Do the same with BF4_x86.exe as well.

Run Origin as Administrator:
Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin and right click on Origin.exe and go to properties. Then go to compatibility tab and check the box next to RUN AS ADMIN.

Disable Origin in game:
In Origin - Application settings - Origin in Game - disable Origin in game

Origin Cloud Storage turn it off
Origin, settings, General

Make Sure BF4 is set to 64bit if your windows is 64bit
1- open origin and go to My Games
2-Right click BF4 and go to Game Properties
3-Under when launching this game set it to x64 and check off disable origin in game.
4- Hit apply REBOOT your PC and then test your BF4

Reboot PC test BF4 and even run repair game before and after reboot.

Page file if you have turned it off on you PC turn it back on. As page file off on a PC can and will make this error in BF4 even with 32 gigs of ram.

Video  card driver installs to much junk we dont need on a PC game rig and yes some of it is known to make this error. For me after my war with BF4 stopped working I will now only install 2 things from video card driver installs 1- graphics  driver and 2-  physX system nothing else.

This is how you do a clean graphic driver clean install:
Start by downloading your graphic card drivers from here,

AMD; http://support.amd.com/en-us/download
NVidia; http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Download the one you have and save it on desktop, you are going to need it!
So after downloading and saved it follows these instructions to the letter,

1- press windows button,
2- right click my computer,
3- press property’s, you will get a new window here.
4- in the new window click device manger on your left side of the screen, you will get another new window here,
5- you will see in the latest window a list of devices you have in your computer, click on the arrow beside Display driver and a small fall down menu will show you what kind of graphic card you have.
6- left click on your (graphic card name) so it’s highlighted in blue,
7- right click (graphic card name) and press property’s, you will get a new small window here,
8- in the new small window click on Drivers, you will see the name between the tabs,
9- in the driver menu click on uninstall, you will now get a really small window that ask you if you’re really sure that you want to uninstall you’re graphic card drivers,
10- click ok,
11- after you have uninstall you’re drivers restart you’re computer,
12- after you have started up your computer, click on your graphic card install file,
13- follow the instructions of your graphic card installer, pick advanced and only install graphics driver and physX system nothing else.
14- when you have Install your graphic card drivers, restart your computer,
15- you’re done.

If all this fails to fix it then try this...

C:\Users\your PC Name\Documents\Battlefield 4

BF4 folder in my documents holds game configs and screen shots even if BF4 is installed on different drive. When you uninstall BF4 it does NOT remove this folder. So when you install the game again you can still have the same issues. Even if its not a new install it is still worth trying as the game cfg could be mucked up.

1- Go to my Documents and remove BF4 folder place it on your Desktop or trash.
2- Be warned you do have to set up your in game settings again.
3-Repair BF4
4- When done go test your game. If it fails reboot your PC and run repair game again and test BF4.

Message 2 of 5 (429 Views)

★ Novice

please help with my freezing games what is the problem it happens to many times

Message 3 of 5 (384 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Hey... @PlyrGrandma4

-Check the minimum system requirements of the game against your computer (Windows/Mac) and update any drivers that are out-of-date.
-Unplug all USB devices (aside from the mouse and keyboard) and try the game again.
-Disable the Origin in-game overlay (IGO).
-To do this, launch the Origin client, then go to the Origin menu, Application Settings, Origin In Game, and then uncheck "Enable Origin In Game."
-Update the game.
-Repair the game install.
-Update your system (Windows/Mac)

[Am not working for EA, If is answer good pls give me XP or accept as solution.]

Message 4 of 5 (383 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

and if that doesn't work, you could always clear your cache

depending on what OS your running,

click the start > run

or

Hold down the Windows key and tap the R key

type the following:

%temp%

> press enter

Click on any folder on the right side of the pane when windows exploder opens

Hold down the CTRL key and tap the A key (select all files and folders)

Hold down the shift key and tap the del key

tap the [Enter] key and delete all files and folders > this will prompt a question as to whether or not to perma Delete all

If you have faith in the words that come out the ends of my fingers, you'd delete all the files and folders as they will just reload whatever are necessary when the app requires the ? to run

(I doo this on a regular basis as the more cache build up, the longer an app or program can take to load)

select [Do this For all] by checking the box on the bottom left corner

Click [Try again] (Note some files wont delete if the app or program is in use)

Once clean, just close the window

and if that still doesn't help, download a copy of Razor Cortex, just google using keywords "Razor Cortex"

the app or program is a game tweaker will increase your FPS and what not...

Message 5 of 5 (370 Views)