Game disconnected: Client closed down connection... make sure that port 3659 (UDP) is open

by Infernoofdk

Original Post

Game disconnected: Client closed down connection... make sure that port 3659 (UDP) is open

★★★ Newbie

Error called: ''Game disconnected: Client closed down connection. Check your network connection and make sure that port 3659 (UDP) is open''

First time i got this was today, 30 minutes ago. I cannot forward my ports since i live at a University. 

Help please ? Standard smile

Message 1 of 30 (10,627 Views)

Re: Game disconnected: Client closed down connection... make sure that port 3659 (UDP) is open

★ Novice

Game disconnected: Client closed down connection. Check your network connection and make sure that port 3659 (UDP) is open.

Port is open. Just copied the forward it made for my tablet to my PC. Stil the same problem.

Message 2 of 30 (10,251 Views)

Re: Game disconnected: Client closed down connection... make sure that port 3659 (UDP) is open

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I started getting this to after second assualt release but only on my clan server. but have not benn able to log into it anyway for a while then jsut got cleint disconnected server, but can get on any other server fine no issues

Message 3 of 30 (10,240 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I was able to join a few servers before that error started. Now I can't join a single one any more.

Alyways and everywhere the same.

The suggestion to forward the port confuses me and I would not recommend anyone to follow that order because it will put your computer to the risk of being attacked easily with a wide open door for a possible intruder. Portforwarding for a game is rediculous.. unless you want to create a server you don't need to forward any ports for a game.

See, you're also not forwarding port 80 for your Browser to work, are you?

I got this game with a new graphics card I bought because friends are playing it too. Usually my interest in games that have DRM which forces me to have online connection even when on singleplayer are very little, but then I found out that they also have this so called "premium" package - so I was kindof forced to buy into that too (for again the price of a full game) - to find out now that it is not just unplayable for me at the moment... it also gives me instructions sabotage my network security to let me play!

Its like a bad joke. :robotmad:

*edit

From what I experienced is that some times, but this happens quite rarely, I can join a game and play.

Still there seems no pattern or something when this error occurs but yesterday evening I was able to join a game after several restarts of origin and repeated tries to join.

Today, not even this is helping any more.

Some friends have this problem too but not that often it seems as I do.

Message 4 of 30 (10,140 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This is a bug with the game. My port is open, my firewall is open, my game has been repaired, punkbuster is current.

PLEASE FIX.

Message 5 of 30 (8,240 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Guys please do this steps, they will solve the problem:

For Battlefield on PC, please enable the following online ports on your connection:

TCP80, 443, 9988, 20000-20100, 22990, 17502, 42127
UDP
3659, 14000-14016, 22990-23006, 25200-25300

For specific instructions on how to open your ports, please visit http://www.portforward.com/ or contact your router manufacturer.

Also see this EA Help article for information on opening TCP or UDP ports: http://help.ea.com/en/article/opening-tcp-or-udp-ports-for-connection-issues/

If this helps, please click the white XP button and to give me some XP.
If this solves your question, click the green solution button and mark it as solution so it can help others with the same problem.

Message 6 of 30 (8,235 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've done those steps and THE PROBLEM STILL REMAINS.

How about you read the forums and see the countless others that also have all the ports open on their modem PLUS their FIREWALL.

THIS IS NOT THE PROBLEM but we still get this error message; Game disconnected: Client closed down connection. Check your network connection and make sure that port 3659 (UDP) is open

If our port wasn't open, our game would have crashed BEFORE THE LAST PATCH. But this is a new problem ever since the last patch.

Message 7 of 30 (8,204 Views)

★ Novice

So i have google fiber and they will not let the consumer set up a static ip, i can't even get into a game. what do i do?..refund?

Message 8 of 30 (8,065 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This does not work, I have opened all ports, directed the traffic to my computer, yet still I get this error, I can connect, and play for a bit, but after a while it kicks me, and I get the error.

Message 9 of 30 (7,880 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This really needs to be fixed, it's very very annoying after 20-30 minutes I just get disconnected.

I have tried playing with the ports but nothing seems to work.

VERY FRUSTRATING!

Message 10 of 30 (7,803 Views)