Game Won't Install from Disk (PC)

by TheIcyHot

Original Post

help battlefield 4 pc disk install

★★★ Novice

i got battlefield 4 disk verison for pc and when i tried to install it after entering in the production code it errored i dont really rememeber what it said but not i cant install the game using the disks i have to download it from the origin store which is going to take for ever does anyone one know how to fix this so i can use the disks instead 

Message 31 of 77 (27,978 Views)

BF4 Wont install.

★★ Novice

Hi there I tried installing the game on PC and it just gets stuck on 0%. It was working before I put disk 2 in. Shortly after i turned my pc off and on again and it just wont install

Message 32 of 77 (27,970 Views)

Re: BF4 Wont install.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

you could see if you can download it from the origin store thats what i have to do since the disks wont work. if you cant i dont know what else you could do you could try and contact one of the live chat people on here they may be able to help

Message 33 of 77 (27,921 Views)

Re: Game Won't Install from Disk (PC)

★★★ Newbie

I redeemed mine and it never ask for the disks or anything :? can i install from the disks?

Message 34 of 77 (27,905 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@OneEyedJohnny wrote:

This solved the problem for me. You need to uninstall Origin you won't lose any game info from other games in Origin so don't worry about that. Restart the autorun from disc and let it reinstall Origin and download the update for Origin. If you tried to start downloading BF4 you can cancel that. Then restart the autorun to begin installing BF4 from disc. Hope this helps.

WORKED!!!!!!!!! DUDE I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 35 of 77 (27,902 Views)

★★★★ Novice
For all those just seeing this, try uninstalling origin first before installing from the discs. What I think is happening is that because Origin is already installed, the installer skips it and auto-terminates itself.
Message 36 of 77 (27,901 Views)

Re: Battlefield 4 PC Not Installing after 20% error!

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@hecjr73 wrote:

I just fixed mine. Go to x86 program files/ origin games>_Installer file>direct x file. Make a new folder. DO NOT NAME FOLDER, just leave it as new folder. Then go into redist file, and all the .rar (WinRAR) files over to that folder except: DSETUP.dll, dsetup32.dll, DXSETUP. Restart your installation. This worked on Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.

Legend! this worked with mine too, thanks

Message 37 of 77 (27,886 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Steps:

1- Create new folder on desktop (Folder name X)
2- Copy files from disc 1. Paste folder X
3- Copy just ''Battlefield4.z02'' from disc 2. Paste folder X (don't copy autorun.ini and png)
4- Copy just ''Battlefield4'' (winrar file) disc 3 Paste folder X (don't copy autorun.ini and png)
5- Install origin and close
6- Open Battlefield4.z02 with winrar then Extract the files in ''Origin Games'' folder (it's under C:/program Files)
7- Run autorun.exe from disk 1 and wait

That's all

See you soon in game Standard smile

Message 38 of 77 (27,739 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

So what did you do, grimrsa?

Message 39 of 77 (27,737 Views)

Re: Battlefield 4 PC Not Installing after 20% error!

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

And what did you do, bulleypete?

Message 40 of 77 (27,736 Views)