Fullscreen not working in BF4

by BAC_Knightfall

Original Post

Fullscreen not working in BF4

★ Apprentice

When I try to switch to full-screen, my game crashes. The game works fine in borderless and windowed, but I am unable to play in fullscreen. Also, this only happens while SLI is enabled. The only error is the "Battlefield 4 has stopped working", and windows then requires me to shut it down. I have already tried reinstalling current drivers (331.65), reinstalling my BIOS, and reinstalling DirectX. 

My setup: 

Lenovo y510p 
331.65 Nvidia 
Windows 8.1 64bit 
750m SLI

Message 1 of 11 (4,830 Views)

Re: Fullscreen not working in BF4

★★ Novice

Fácil de resolver.
Se sua placa for NVidia, abra o software da nvidia, adicione o jogo BF4 e otimize ele, pronto, somente.

Message 2 of 11 (4,774 Views)

Hero

Try removing your settings folder in: C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Battlefield 4\

carbonic signature

Message 3 of 11 (4,767 Views)

★ Apprentice

Still doesn't work. Plus, if I delete that folder, the cloud data just adds everything back in.

Message 4 of 11 (4,746 Views)

★ Apprentice

Also, optimizing using NVidia doesn't work, either.

Message 5 of 11 (4,744 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I am having the same problem except my doesn't crash it flickers (Unplayable).  I am forced to play in borderless mode.  I also have SLI with 2 GTX 590s so I wonder if this is a NVIDIA problem?  The only way I could stop the flicker was to assign one of my GPUs to control the scaling (NVIDIA Control Panel and click Adjust Desktop... and select GPU for "Perform Scaling on").  The problem with this optoin is that it hurts performance because you are down a GPU and I had to lower my settings.  We should be able to play fullscreen without having to do this...  Give it a try and see if it works and then I would be curious if your graphic settings had to be adjusted. 

Message 6 of 11 (4,647 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I found that teamviewer was messing with the game. Close teamviewer before playing BF4

Message 7 of 11 (3,609 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just had this problem after upgrading my PC to 8.1, closing teamviewer fixed the problem so thanks! Standard smile not sure if it's windows 8 or the latest version of teamviewer causing it.

Message 8 of 11 (3,579 Views)

★★★ Newbie

omg i love you. i been having the same problem for day's now and could never find the problem. that teamviewer should be the problem, i would never came up with that.

so thanks..

Message 9 of 11 (2,478 Views)

★ Novice
what the hell is team viewer

Message 10 of 11 (1,393 Views)