Freezing XBOX 360

by machinegunsauce

Original Post

Freezing XBOX 360

★★★ Newbie

I need help, this game keeps freezing on me when I am trying to play online or on campaign. I just paid 114 bucks for this and its not working. I have went as far as wiping my 360 clean and trying to install the game to the harddrive. Is anyone else having this issue. I have been going insane since I picked up my copy.

Message 14 of 67 (3,826 Views)

Battlefield 4 freeze problems

★★★ Newbie

Hello, I just bought BF4 and premium and shelled out a lot of money for this game. Every time I play on Hainan resort my game freezes in the loading screen for the map. I can not play with friends because it keeps freezing on me, and I am getting frustrated that I am not able to play certain maps, and have to restart my Xbox 360 every time I try to join a friends game or a certain map comes up. I feel as if this is permanent and I will never be able to play with my friends by joining their game or even playing that specific map. The game just came out of the case, no scratches, nothing. I downloaded everything for it, and made sure everything was finished before I started playing. I would like to know what I can do to fix this problem.

Message 1 of 67 (4,746 Views)

Re: Battlefield 4 freeze problems

★★★ Newbie
I am having this problem too...do i need to delete something and redownload?
Message 2 of 67 (4,667 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Delete the hd pack and re download. Worked 4 me.
Message 3 of 67 (4,640 Views)

Battlefield 4 crashing on Xbox 360

★★★ Newbie

Hey, so I preordered BF4 and picked it up last night, and when I started to play it today it had me download the update for the game, and the Multiplayer update as well. I thought that everything was going to be fine, but low and behold, after about two matches, when I would go to connect to a server and my whole console freezes.. I was wondering if anyone else was having this problem? EA stated that they fixed this problem WITH the Multiplayer Update, but, as I noticed, it wasn't actually fixed..

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Message 4 of 67 (3,808 Views)

Re: Battlefield 4 crashing on Xbox 360

Have you tried clearing your cache, then installing the game to the 360's HDD?  That has fixed crashing\freezing for me on Skyrim and Dragon Age II in the past.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 5 of 67 (3,802 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I have the same problem.  My whole 360 locks up on Hainan Resort.  That, so far, is the only map.  I'm going to try deleting the HD pack and re-downloading as suggested to see if that works.

UPDATE 2: PROBLEM NOT RESOLVED!   Locked up second time through.  What now?

UPDATE 1:  That seems to work.  Thanks "lipton" for the suggestion.  FYI:  I didn't move from the Battlefield 4 screen, I just watched the download from there.  Last night, I moved to the xbox "Active Downloads" screen to see the size and watch the status.  Maybe that corrupted something.

Message 6 of 67 (4,563 Views)

Re: Battlefield 4 crashing on Xbox 360

★★★ Newbie

I'll try that right now. As of now, it let's me play a couple matches at most before it freezes on the load screen.

Message 7 of 67 (3,788 Views)

You guys just HAD to keep the freezing, didn't you?

★★★★★ Newbie

Seriously, it was an issue in Battlefield 3 for me and my friends and now I can't even get into ONE game without my xbox freezing.

What the **bleep**, EA?

Message 8 of 67 (3,784 Views)

Battlefield 4 freezing problem

★★★ Newbie

A few hours ago, I was playing on the single-player portion of Battlefield 4, and my Xbox 360 upruptly froze. When I attempted to put the single-player disc back in and resume the campaign, it froze over and over on the loading screen to the level in the campaign. I tried the Multiplayer/Co-op disc, and it works perfectly fine. I'm hoping I don't have to restart the campaign. Any suggestions/help?

Message 9 of 67 (3,795 Views)