Fixed PC BF4 Unable Joining

by Bronxwars

Original Post

Fixed PC BF4 Unable Joining

★★★ Novice

Hi fellow frustrated brothers in arms. 

This applies to win 8 and 8.1. Might also work for Win 7. 

Make sure you make Google Chrome Default Browser which is the 32 Bit Version. 

Go into Origin games directory via Windows Explorer. 

Right click on BF4_x86 

Then click on Trouble Shoot Compatibility 

Then Click on Trouble Shoot Program. 

Check Box: The Program Opens but doesn't Display Correctly. 

The click: Test The Program. 

It's gonna open Google Chrome, then log into your BF4 account. Pick a server and it should show you it's logging in. 

Once it says you are Playing BF4 on PC. 

You then have go to the desktop. Click on the Tiles on the bottom right corner and then click on the desktop tile. on on the task bar you will see the BF4 game icon which you 

will in the game. 

once you back in the game. test your game play, once your good. then close it and go back to the Compatibility menu which will still be open. 

Click on save the settings. and your all set. 

after that all you gotta do is open chrome and your good. 

I really hope this help you all. 

Please let me know. 

Bronxwars.

Message 1 of 4 (273 Views)

Re: Fixed PC BF4 Unable Joining

EA DICE Team

@Bronxwars

Thanks for posting this. I will let other players mark it as a solution if it worked for them.. Standard smile

Message 2 of 4 (258 Views)

★★ Novice

Or, maybe EA can actually FIX the problem that was reported 12+ hours ago and JUST started today for most people.

I cannot follow the steps provided because my windows version has different options than what is presented. Also, I shouldn't have to do workarounds to play a game. It should just work, Maybe if EA would concentrate on making their game work better and not on releasing a new game every 3 months they may have a game last more than a year.

Message 3 of 4 (246 Views)

@-OrigJoKeR- wrote:

Or, maybe EA can actually FIX the problem that was reported 12+ hours ago and JUST started today for most people.

I cannot follow the steps provided because my windows version has different options than what is presented. Also, I shouldn't have to do workarounds to play a game. It should just work, Maybe if EA would concentrate on making their game work better and not on releasing a new game every 3 months they may have a game last more than a year.

The issue has been reported to the studio. At this point as players we have to either be patient or find user level workarounds until the issue is officially addressed.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 4 of 4 (231 Views)