[FIXED] - Unable to transfer gen 3 to gen 4

by Hermanater1

Original Post

Re: How do I transfer stats from old gen to next gen on bf4

★★ Apprentice

BF4 player name - lordeleo
Next-Gen Console - Xbox 1
Date and time of incident - 8/15
Details of what happened- No prompt, stats did not transfer.

Angry

Message 91 of 165 (1,791 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Does anyone have the contact of a good Dice programmer?
I'm sure he would solve this in less than 2 minutes ...
I don't know what we are waiting for.

Disappointed

Message 92 of 165 (1,722 Views)

★★★ Novice

Just stop waiting. The issue wont be resolved especially not in the near future. 

Message 93 of 165 (1,704 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Yeah I agree... I jumped off this forum after waiting several weeks for a fix. I contacted them multiple times through multiple avenues email, chat, etc. They "pretend" to care and give a generic answer about how there's nothing they can do. At this point they'll just stall a little longer til the next battlefield game comes out and assume everyone will just buy it. I'd be lying if I said I won't buy it because I probably will. I've had two issues I've contacted EA support for the first time they took care of the problem which was appreciated greatly. This particular problem on the other hand I must say has been very disappointing. As I stated in a previous post in this forum, I realize they technically don't owe us anything with the transfer but you'd like to think they would want to keep their loyal customers happy. Oh well it is what it is I stink at BF4 anyway at least I have an excuse now when I'm at the bottom with my crappy stats. If I only had my gun unlocks guys I wouldn't be the worst in the squad I promise..!!
Message 94 of 165 (1,669 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This problem occurred for me on August 30th. I did not receive a prompt to transfer, however my premium did transfer with my account and all DLC was free. Regardless that i still have the DLC i payed for i hope this issue with transferring stats can be resolved as quickly as possible. I would love to be able to play BF4 on xbox one with all my friends and all my progress (618hrs, 134lvls, all weapons and most attachments unlocked). Hopefully the upcoming release of BF1 does not send this issue to the wayside. I am not particularly excited for BF1 as i prefer a modern shooter like BF4 and will continue to play it even after BF1 releases.

I am trying to not let this issue effect my patience with EA or DICE (both of whom publish and develop great games). But, if no news or updates come up for this issue the only way i can speak my displeasure in this great age of technology we live in is by either, 1. posting in forums such as this or 2. speaking with my wallet.

I appreciate @GrootIamGroot for staying on top of this thread and trying to bring us any news on the matter. I have scoured the battlelog forums and EA Answers HQ for the past few days when i can trying to find a solution or someone in EA or DICE who acknowledged the problem. Please consider trying to get the news of this issue out in a more noticeable area. There are numerous threads here and on the battlelog forums trying to find out what is going on here. I will try to point as many people in the direction of this thread as possible as it seems to be on the right track.

Best of luck to all

Message 95 of 165 (1,650 Views)

★★★ Novice

Why would you only give us until Aug 30.....for transfers of Premium and DLC's. I didn't know it was possible to transfer until today. I've been a way!!

You guys are being %$#$

Message 96 of 165 (1,628 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Canadianguy48 I think you misunderstood my post. I logged in on my new xbox one and BF4 on next gen for the first time on August 30th. This is when i had the problem of not being able to transfer my stats. After is discovered that i was unable to transfer my stats i downloaded premium and all DLC packages directly from the xbox/microsoft store for free (presumably because i payed for premium on the xb360 when BF4 came out). Regardless, issues downloading premium and DLC's are not the main topic of this thread. If you have had problems transferring your stats from old gen to new gen please let us know how it happened to you.

Best of luck

Message 97 of 165 (1,612 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have found a solution to this problem that worked for me. Full details here ---> https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/28810/a-fix-for-the-transfer-of-stats-from-xb360-to-...

@GrootIamGroot Hope this solution helps, ill try to keep track of how many people this works or does not work for.

Message 98 of 165 (1,600 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Hi you all lovely Battlefield people Standard smile

So finally we have a solution for this:

This morning the studio have implemented a fix for this issue to ensure that all Battlefield 4 players upgrading from Gen3 to Gen4 are prompted with the notification to transfer their previous progress to the new console. This fix will retroactively prompt for players who did not receive the messaging during this features downtime.

Players who have selected the option to transfer their previous stats will see all current progression overwrote. Selecting the ‘Yes’ option does not accumulate both progressions together, this feature is working as intended.

I hope you guys are loving this awesome good news and hope you all get your stuff back Wink

As always we'll be here for future issues if you still have them, don't forget to contact support first as indicated on this thread Standard smile

If everything fails, try what @SrgntMcSpanky said, he found another solution that might be useful Wink but everything should be working as intended.

Regarding Premium and DLCs it's not intended to be transferable but if you guys are lucky enough to have it transferred who am I to disagree Wink

Best regards to you all,

Did my post help you? Click "Grant XP"
Did my post solve your issue? Click "Accept As Solution"

Message 99 of 165 (1,590 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Excellent news!! @GrootIamGroot

Message 100 of 165 (1,585 Views)