Error status 0xc000012f when trying to play battlefield 4 on PC.

by DatGuyDilly

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Error status 0xc000012f when trying to play battlefield 4 on PC.

★★ Novice

Hi guys im getting this error when trying to play Battlefield 4 on PC. I just downloaded it from Origin and when i try to launch the game i get this:

C:\PROGRA~2\ORIGIN~1\BATTLE~1\Core\MSVCP100.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status 0xc000012f.

Im running windows 8.1 64 bit with directx 11.

Now ive tried running battlefield as an administrator with no luck. Also i tried running origin as an administrator then launching the game and no luck.

Now i recently built this computer a week ago and i forgot to install the ssd software (samsung magician). I ran some tests and the software reccomended i optimized the ssd which i did and after i gained about 20 GB or space on my ssd. I did the before ever running the game so i wonder if this had something to do with it.

I also have not tried uninstalling and reinstalling due to the fact i download at about 350 kb/s with my horrible dsl.

Thanks in advance!!!!

Message 1 of 10 (27,390 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Error status 0xc000012f when trying to play battlefield 4 on PC.

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

I am reading on this error  0xc000012f trying to find a correct fix for it. 

This dll is part of Microsoft's C runtime library...... Bingo lol I hope lol

The error, 0xc000012f, can be the result of corruption, infection or hardware failure... My money is on corruption of files in BF4 and or Origin.

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x64)

64bit:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/confirmation.aspx?id=14632

========================================================

Sorry I did not see your last post when  I did my post let me respond to it now  ... I am not liking the blue screen o\f death when D/l BF4 that smells like a windows issue and from what I was reading like i said in my last post that error is a DLL from Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package . Win 8.1 can be a cow for lack of the word I want to use reg it at times lol.

Dang I wish you had told me you are going to start over as I would have had you remove it all so it was fully gone in the registry.... so you get a fully clean install of Origin and BF4

Reg this ........I did look in the document folder and i did not see a BF4 folder? But is that because i uninstalled? mm No that is strange but its probably due to this error and thats why BF4 cant run ... I think. When you uninstall BF4 that file is not removed it should have still been there.

Reg this ...ssd and optimized the ssd somehow gaining like 20 GB?  SSD can be a cow too lol kidding ah ok go to your SSD drive and local Disk  properties uncheck allow files on disk to have contents indexed in addition to file properties. Hit Apply and say yes to all and this will free up space for you on the SSD.When done reboot you can also turn off system restore to free up more room. I use system image back up and keep it on a spare external H/D I have. If you need more info how to do all this not a issue just let me know :] The nice thing with ssd and win 8.1 way less settings to do now Win 7 was way more work to keep a SSD safe  just my view.

I worked on my BF4 to get it stable and crash free since the game came out I got it fully fixed almost 8 weeks ago lol . You think you got issues ahh man ck this out lol...... Its my full fix 

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-4/PC-This-is-how-to-fix-BF4-after-everything-else-failed-to-ful...

=======================================================================

This is what I would have had you do for a fully clean install of Origin and BF4 had I known lol . Trust me I fully get why you did it :] This list only says BF4 but I would have added origin for you / pull em both same way ...... copy and past from my post......

Now the BF4 part this is what I did after I did all the stuff I just listed  above. I wanted this game to work so bad I  would not work on the game part of it all until I had zero errors in event viewer lol. I am not a big fan of repair game as it never fixed it for me lol, after all this work I wanted a fully clean install of BF4

CC Cleaner do you know  it ? If you dont have it its free and safe  and you need it for this next part lol  It is a handy tool as well to have on your PC.   http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

1- Go to tools in cc cleaner and uninstall BF4

2-  Go to  my Documents on my C drive and deleted the BF4 folder sitting in there, I have my BF4 installed on H drive but BF4 install still puts the BF4 screen shots and settings on your C drive my documents. And when you un install it stays even in windows add and remove programs. So the point is you want a fully clean install of BF4 delete the BF4 in my documents. Now reboot.

After Reboot 

1- Open CC Cleaner again this time your going to registry dont get freaked out lol. All its going to do is remove fragments in the registry from uninstalled programs, It will give your the choice to back up do so if you wish. First time you run it you may have like 80 or more fixes but thats the normal. Empty recycle bin as well cant hurt all traces of BF4 must be gone lol.

2- Reboot 

After Reboot

1- Run  sfc /scannow  just to be sure windows is still good to go. After it is done and if no errors or errors run it again after you reboot. You need 2x No Errors 

After Reboot 

1- Open CC Cleaner and clean the registry 

2- Reboot

Make sure everything is good clean and stable before you install BF4. Reboot after you do each step ! And ya you may have to run them all a few times before its fully clan and stable :/ 

3-Now D/L BF4 lol but dont pause it or let it get cut off lol I has to be one fully clean install done at one time.Then Reboot

4- After BF4 in installed and you did a Reboot  then go to the punk buster site and download  Punk Buster then install PB and be sure to add BF4 game to it and check for updates.

http://www.punkbuster.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php

5- Test yourBF4 game :]

________________________________________________________________________________

Did I help you @ all? Reward me with a XP if I did. If I solved your question please hit Accept As Solution on my post so others know it worked.

View in thread

Message 6 of 10 (30,828 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Hi I will try and help you , first see if your windows is stable just to rule it out then post back and we can try other things.

Test your windows for errors
This works in all windows O/S vista win 7,8 and 8.1 windows system file checker :] Copy and past this to note pad and put it on your desktop. As open programs can give you errors when you run this.

...... sfc /scannow ..... ever hear of it if not your going to love this .... it will inspect all the important windows files as well as the windows DLL files. If windows system file checker finds any issues with the windows files and windows DLL files it will replace them. This little tool as well as the event viewer saved me and fully helped me fix my BF4 issues as well as saved my .... many a format since I found it. This is the best toy they ever put in windows :]

For win7 go to start left click in search type cmd and right click cmd pick run as admin
For win 8.1 right click start bottom left of screen and pick command prompt admin

1 - Open administrator command prompt and close web pages and programs like origin.

2 - Type or copy and paste in sfc /scannow and hit enter, This takes 5 min to 15 min SSD vs HD

3 - This can go one of a few ways ..... no errors ... it fixed some errors ..... could not fix all errors...... does not finish checking and errors out ....... and the last one could not fix errors at all :/

4 -After its done reboot and do it again even if you had no errors the first time or had errors, could not fix ... run sfc /scannow again and when its done a second time reboot. You need to do this a and get no errors 2 x in a row ...

5- So if you ran it 2x and no errors your safe you can stop now for now lol, If you had errors first time but not the second then run sfc /scannow again and when its done reboot. You need to get could not find any errors 2 x to be safe. If it still finds errors try and run it a few more times until it finds no errors 2x AND ALWAYS REBOOT BETWEEN RUNNING sfc /scannow

6 - If you get a message indicating that it can not be repaired and you ran sfc /scannow more then 3x in a row on win vista or 7 mm you need a format or try repair win 7 :/ But after format or repair and all updates are done run sfc /scannow to make sure your windows is stable same deal 2x error free reboot between them.

If your O/S is Win8 or Win 8,1 then you can run this next command / line in administrator command prompt. Sadly this does not work for win vista or 7 :/ It will restore the health of your PC and you dont lose anything and it will also fix errors in the registry :]

dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth ------- ONLY works for windows 8 and 8.1

7 - When its done reboot

Also if not already done so  do this...

Get Direct x from Microsoft
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/179113

________________________________________________________________________________

Did I help you @ all? Reward me with a XP if I did. If I solved your question please hit Accept As Solution on my post so others know it worked.

Message 2 of 10 (27,367 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I ran sfc /scannow twice with no errors and i still got the error when launching the game.

I then ran dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth and rebooted then still got the error when launching the game.

I also used your link for directx and checked for windows updates and im all up to date.

I then ran a CHKDSK with no errors. I also tried most of the fixes from the poster of "WERE SORRY YOUT GAME DIDNT START CORRECTLY"

Thanks for the help. Do you know anything else i can try? Frown

Message 3 of 10 (27,357 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Ok so on the good news part of all this windows is not the issue :] Bad news is we still have to get this error gone ...  I will give you a list and try post back when done and I hope this can fix it 

================================================================

Have you tried repair game?

BF4 folder in my documents holds game configs and screen shots even if BF4 is installed on different drive. When you uninstall BF4 it does NOT remove this folder. So when you install the game again you can still have the same issues.

1- Go to my Documents and remove BF4 folder place it on your Desktop or trash.
2- Be warned you do have to set up your in game settings again.
3-Repair BF4
4- When done go test your game.

==============================================================

Reinstall C++ redistributables.
1:go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4\__Installer\vc\vc2012Update3\redist
2: Double click vcredist_x64.exe/ vcredist_x86.exe and follow onscreen prompts.

=====================================================================

Update your Microsoft .NET framework.
http://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/download/details.aspx?id=30653

Message 4 of 10 (27,342 Views)

★★ Novice

Ok so i got frustrated and uninstalled and reinstalling now. I did this because only while downloading battlefield 4 i would get a blue screen with a windows error. It was something like "system expectation" but i cant remember exactly what it was. Well i searched the error and it said windows was having trouble communicating with a piece of my hardware. Well i thought about it and since ive only encountered this while downloading only off orgin, then it may be my ssd. So before i ever played bf4 i did what i stated in my first post and downloaded new firmware for the ssd and optimized the ssd somehow gaining like 20 GB?

Anyway my computer would restart and i would load orgin back up and it would make me go through all the menus like on a fresh install. For example i would load back in to orgin and there would be no downloads in my download manager. I would then go to my games and pick battlefield 4 then click download. Then i would go through the screens where it askes to install punkbusters etc.. But the download would pick back up where it left off? Other times when i got the error and the computer rebooted i would log back in to orgin and the download would be right there in the manager and i wouldent have to do what i stated previouse. And the download would pick back up right where it left off. I encountered this error about 6 or 7 times throughout the download process. I never encountered this downloading games from steam?

Also before i uninstalled i did this:

Reinstall C++ redistributables.
1:go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4\__Installer\vc\vc2012Update3\redist
2: Double click vcredist_x64.exe/ vcredist_x86.exe and follow onscreen prompts.

I also did this:

Update your Microsoft .NET framework.
http://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/download/details.aspx?id=30653

After i did those two thing i still encountered the error when launching the game Frown. Unfourtunatly i was not patient and did not get to try this:

BF4 folder in my documents holds game configs and screen shots even if BF4 is installed on different drive. When you uninstall BF4 it does NOT remove this folder. So when you install the game again you can still have the same issues.

1- Go to my Documents and remove BF4 folder place it on your Desktop or trash.
2- Be warned you do have to set up your in game settings again.
3-Repair BF4
4- When done go test your game.

I did look in the document folder and i did not see a BF4 folder? But is that because i uninstalled?

Hopefully reinstalling works. Ill report back as soon as its downloaded. If you have any more tips for me please, im all ears! Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.

Message 5 of 10 (27,334 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

I am reading on this error  0xc000012f trying to find a correct fix for it. 

This dll is part of Microsoft's C runtime library...... Bingo lol I hope lol

The error, 0xc000012f, can be the result of corruption, infection or hardware failure... My money is on corruption of files in BF4 and or Origin.

64bit:

========================================================

Sorry I did not see your last post when  I did my post let me respond to it now  ... I am not liking the blue screen o\f death when D/l BF4 that smells like a windows issue and from what I was reading like i said in my last post that error is a DLL from Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package . Win 8.1 can be a cow for lack of the word I want to use reg it at times lol.

Dang I wish you had told me you are going to start over as I would have had you remove it all so it was fully gone in the registry.... so you get a fully clean install of Origin and BF4

Reg this ........I did look in the document folder and i did not see a BF4 folder? But is that because i uninstalled? mm No that is strange but its probably due to this error and thats why BF4 cant run ... I think. When you uninstall BF4 that file is not removed it should have still been there.

Reg this ...ssd and optimized the ssd somehow gaining like 20 GB?  SSD can be a cow too lol kidding ah ok go to your SSD drive and local Disk  properties uncheck allow files on disk to have contents indexed in addition to file properties. Hit Apply and say yes to all and this will free up space for you on the SSD.When done reboot you can also turn off system restore to free up more room. I use system image back up and keep it on a spare external H/D I have. If you need more info how to do all this not a issue just let me know :] The nice thing with ssd and win 8.1 way less settings to do now Win 7 was way more work to keep a SSD safe  just my view.

I worked on my BF4 to get it stable and crash free since the game came out I got it fully fixed almost 8 weeks ago lol . You think you got issues ahh man ck this out lol...... Its my full fix 

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-4/PC-This-is-how-to-fix-BF4-after-everything-else-failed-to-ful...

This is what I would have had you do for a fully clean install of Origin and BF4 had I known lol . Trust me I fully get why you did it :] This list only says BF4 but I would have added origin for you / pull em both same way ...... copy and past from my post......

Now the BF4 part this is what I did after I did all the stuff I just listed  above. I wanted this game to work so bad I  would not work on the game part of it all until I had zero errors in event viewer lol. I am not a big fan of repair game as it never fixed it for me lol, after all this work I wanted a fully clean install of BF4

CC Cleaner do you know  it ? If you dont have it its free and safe  and you need it for this next part lol  It is a handy tool as well to have on your PC.   http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

1- Go to tools in cc cleaner and uninstall BF4

2-  Go to  my Documents on my C drive and deleted the BF4 folder sitting in there, I have my BF4 installed on H drive but BF4 install still puts the BF4 screen shots and settings on your C drive my documents. And when you un install it stays even in windows add and remove programs. So the point is you want a fully clean install of BF4 delete the BF4 in my documents. Now reboot.

After Reboot 

1- Open CC Cleaner again this time your going to registry dont get freaked out lol. All its going to do is remove fragments in the registry from uninstalled programs, It will give your the choice to back up do so if you wish. First time you run it you may have like 80 or more fixes but thats the normal. Empty recycle bin as well cant hurt all traces of BF4 must be gone lol.

2- Reboot 

After Reboot

1- Run  sfc /scannow  just to be sure windows is still good to go. After it is done and if no errors or errors run it again after you reboot. You need 2x No Errors 

After Reboot 

1- Open CC Cleaner and clean the registry 

2- Reboot

Make sure everything is good clean and stable before you install BF4. Reboot after you do each step ! And ya you may have to run them all a few times before its fully clan and stable :/ 

3-Now D/L BF4 lol but dont pause it or let it get cut off lol I has to be one fully clean install done at one time.Then Reboot

4- After BF4 in installed and you did a Reboot  then go to the punk buster site and download  Punk Buster then install PB and be sure to add BF4 game to it and check for updates.

http://www.punkbuster.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php

5- Test yourBF4 game :]

Message 6 of 10 (30,829 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for the help. After i redownload and if it dosent work i will try the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x64). If that does not work i will uninstall and reinstall like you suggested.

Also is it a bad idea to pause the download? With my crappy connection i cant download and play games so i pause my downloads from time to time. Especially for this type of download as it can take me about a day and a half to download 25 GB.

It will be a few days until the downloads done so keep an eye out for me ill be posting back in this thread with the results when its done. Thanks again for all your help good sir!

Message 7 of 10 (27,301 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I will keep a eye out for you. With the d/l is it bad to  pause it ... I think it depends who you ask for me I had to fight to fix my BF4 and it was a long war :/ So I am more uptight on this stuff then most people but with your net speeds it can make it hard to do it my way. Start the d/l when you go to sleep and have work the next day  :] Happy I was some help for you and always happy to help, keep me posted

Message 8 of 10 (27,296 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey i re-downloaded it and i got the error. Then i installed that microsoft visual thing and it worked!! Your sir are awesome! Thanks for keeping me from throwing my monitor out the window!!!

Message 9 of 10 (27,271 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Nice its fixed I told you to do that a few posts up lol main thing is it is fixed . Enjoy BF4 

64bit:

I do NOT work for EA , I am just a gamer who will try to help another gamer on PC fix BF4 issues.Did I help you @ all? Reward me with a XP if I did. If I solved your question please hit Accept As Solution on my post so others know it worked.

Message 10 of 10 (27,264 Views)