Re: Error: Connection to the server has been lost.

by GeneralNuggets

Original Post

Error: Connection to the server has been lost.

★★★ Newbie

Error: Connection to the server has been lost. Please check your internet connection or try again later.

Never receive the above error before, but now having updated to the latest BF4 through Origin I am getting it every time even though I have an internet connection. Shouldn't have upgraded I guess! Happens after the loading sequence once selected Play Campaign on Battlelog, and then selected Resume Campaign in game.

Any ideas what the issue could be? My internet connection is operational the whole time.

Message 1 of 3 (946 Views)

★★★ Newbie

No need to worry guys. It was to do with my save game. Had to go back to a backup which I fortunately had, but have now had to go back in the game to earlier in the campaign. Thank goodness did not need to start the campaign over all over again.

Stupid error message to say connection lost, when all it was was some compatability issue with an old save game version, or otherwise perhaps a corrupt save game file. Why would the error be "Internet Connection Lost". EA need to work on what the error messages say as was nothing to do with my internet connection.

Message 2 of 3 (936 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey man, where was that file and how did you fix the problem? I'm having the same issue Frown

Message 3 of 3 (920 Views)