★★★★ Novice

Hello, i'm getting this error when trying to instal bf4 :mansad:

Message 1 of 48 (49,414 Views)

Re: Error: 196613:200

Community Manager (retired)

Hi hyoganinja, 

There are some steps below that you can try:

• Make sure that you are using the latest version of Origin
  • Removing and Re-adding the Origin to the exceptions list for your Firewall/Anti-Virus.

Flushing your DNS cache

• Open the Windows Start Menu
  • Type ‘cmd’ in the ‘Search programs and files’ field and press enter 
  • Type ‘ipconfig /flushdns’ and press enter

Thanks 

EAGuy 

---------------
Please make sure to Accept Solutions and give XP when someone has provided you with assistance.

I don't respond to Help Requests sent via Private Message.
Message 2 of 48 (48,956 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had exactly the same problem, but I also immidiately fixed it by plug in a wire and turn off wireless internet.

Hope it works.

Message 3 of 48 (48,924 Views)

Download error 196613:200

★★★ Novice

So i just rememebered China Rising came out, and origin started to download that and the game update, but it keeps displaying this same error. I'm assuming it's cause only so many can download at once but that train of thought feels flawed, considering. I've tried rebooting, running in compatibility mode and making sure everything is associated with the default folders. Maybe i just need to wait a little longer o.O

Message 4 of 48 (48,692 Views)

Re: Download error 196613:200

★★★ Novice

Ok, so i've browsed the Pages of issues, and found out i should add:

I am Premium

I have not recieved any code for CR (nor do i know if i should have)

Thanks for no help EA Love your helpful staff, but they seem to know less than I do Frown

Message 5 of 48 (48,688 Views)

BF4 an unexpected error has occurred error 196613:200

★★★ Novice

I logged on to BF4 recently and it said it had an update but when i pressed the update button it just stayed at 0 percent for a while. I tried a couple of things like restarting it or turning off my firewall but evertime it just stays at zero and if I wait long enough it will give me this message

"bf4 an unexpected error has occurred error 196613:200"

any  way I can fix this?

Message 6 of 48 (48,675 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
This is happening with all my games from Battlefield 4 all the way down to Simcity. I have tried the steps posted by EA and it has not worked. so for now i can't play Battlefield 4, but I do have the Mass effect trilogy to fall back on for a while. P.S. I can't run any repairs or updates ether it just gets stuck on verifying game file then after some time throws up the Error: 196613:200 16/04/2014 Great now i'm getting Error -4:503 as well. this is getting old fast and i'm contemplating never getting another Origin client run game ever again. after i finally finish Mass effect 2, back up the save and reinstall everything and it still not works, ill end up dropping origin for good.
Message 7 of 48 (48,158 Views)

★★ Apprentice
me too, i cant install anything or update any games.......... C'mon EA, help your customers
Message 8 of 48 (48,144 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

OHHH! EA ..... 

Okay for all Sophos UTM Users and any "Any-deny" Firewalls....

To Fix it is quit simple, check these Link.

https://www.astaro.org/gateway-products/general-discussion/46090-origin-download-fix.html

Its sooooooo .... 

In germany we sayed "die können nichts" Wink

Best regrads

Michael

Message 9 of 48 (48,059 Views)

★★ Novice

Click on the startbutton and type in the searchbar "msconfig"
Click on msconfig.exe
Select "Services"
Click on "Hide all Microsoft-services" (or something similar to this as I am translating this from the Dutch"Alle Microsoft-services verbergen")
Click on "switch off everything/all"
Select the tab startup
Click on "switch off everything/all"
Restart the PC completely
Download and install Sims 3 Late Night (this should probably work with other applications too)
Start msconfig.exe again
Click on restart normally
Start the new installation

This passage is translated from Dutch so there are probably a lot of different names in the US/UK versions of Windows. I had tried a lot of things that were mentioned on forums, live chatted with an origin co-worker and more. Finally my dad helped me by trying this and it finally started downloading. I now have it installed so by my opinion this should work. 

I hope anyone still having problems with this error gets helped with this answer.

Kind regards.

Message 10 of 48 (47,801 Views)