ERROR Game disconnected: client closed down connection.

by Dext21

Original Post

Re: ERROR Game disconnected: client closed down connection.

★★★ Newbie

Same problem for me, I just bought the game, never played multi and every time I try to, he synchronizes with origin, he is connecting to the server, the battlefield window is opening and then the blue bar at the bottom of battlelog page turns red and say: "ERROR Game disconnected: client closed down connection".

If anyone have an idea...

Message 11 of 20 (1,833 Views)

★ Novice

I have this problem too

I played well until restart computer.

After restart, [ERROR Game disconnected: client closed down connection]

Message 12 of 20 (1,824 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Same problem for me. I ve found this fix but it doesn't work for my pc. Maybe BF4 or battlelog need some patches? I can't play!!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-4/ERROR-Game-disconnected-client-closed-down-connection-fix/td-...

Message 13 of 20 (1,701 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I am also having the same problem. But for me it seems that the problem is only for 48 and 64 player servers.. I was just able to login to 32 player server successfully.

Why dont you gives that a try? 

Message 14 of 20 (1,673 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I simply just rebooted my router, thats it problem solved for me. But it only happens when a new patch comes out Confusedmileyfrustrated:

Message 15 of 20 (1,538 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the same problem, and it is solved now, it was a punkbuster problem, here is the answer: www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh7ayrsynr0
Hope it will work for you, bye

Message 16 of 20 (1,362 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

It is NOT a Punkbuster problem. You need to forward a port. There are quite a few ports for you to forward, but 3659 is the one port that has to be forwarded, otherwise you will not be able to connect to most, if any, servers. It has to be forwarded on UDP. When I didn't have it forwarded, I had the same error as you, even in the beta, and could only connect to 1 or 2 servers if I was lucky, but couldn't stay for long. I eventually stumbled on the program Smart Port Forwarding, which you can get here.http://smart-port-forwarding.software.informer.com/. [smart-port-forwarding.software.informer.com] You can add 3659 in UDP on there, highlight it, right click, and run it whenever you want to play BF4. 

Or there is one other fix. Upon trying to forward the port 3659, as well as 443 in TCP in my Netgear router, I was told it conflicted with another service. What I did to fix that was edit one of my other ports, change it to 3659 and save, and that allowed me to open that port, then whichever port I saved over, I added again. I ran a check on some website and even though it showed the port as being closed, I have been able to connect to any server I want and I no longer need the Smart Port Forwarding program, but if forwarding is still an issue for you, you can download the program and do as I said.

Message 17 of 20 (1,361 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Have just bought BF4 and havent been able to play one multiplayer game... not counting the test range Frown I keep getting the same msg: " ERROR Game disconnected: client closed down connection". Also after installing BF4 I now cannot play BF3 multiplayer getting the same msg. Have tried multiple solutions from various forums nothing works. You think they would sort this out in the beta version.

Please someone come up with a solution!!!!!!

Message 18 of 20 (1,014 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It just Started yesterday, and I see that server is still doing the same. there are only 3 servers I can play and even with a ping reply time of 26 the game is so bad that i have stoped playing.

Message 19 of 20 (999 Views)

★★★ Novice

Some how i solved this issue, I did many things, but i'm not sure what was the thing that actually fixed this issue, so i'll list down all I did.

- Reinstall punkbuster

- Repair install battlefield 4

- Remove battlelog plugin from browser and clear cache and install fresh

- Let windows update run with all checkboxes checked

- Restart / reboot my router and PC many times

- Try battlelog with different browsers Chrome,Firefox etc...

At some point after doing all this it works, I can join all servers now.

Have a look here as well.
http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-4/ERROR-Game-disconnected-client-closed-down-connection/td-p/18...

http://wiretuts.com/battlefield-4-problems-and-how-to-solve-them/

Message 20 of 20 (869 Views)