Re: EA LIED to me about installing BF4 on Xbox 360

by TapouTony420

Original Post

EA LIED to me about installing BF4 on Xbox 360

★★★ Newbie

I always wrote off criticism of EA because EA is one of the largest companies out there and is bound to draw some flak.

That is, until today, when I realized just how bad their decision-making is.

BF4 is unplayable on Xbox 360 4gb slim models. Ok, that's fine. It requires more storage space than the 4gb model has, I understand that. What I DON'T understand is why it will only install on "official" Xbox hard drives. Grand Theft Auto V required a large install, but I was able to install that game on my Toshiba 250 gb external hard drive. When I saw that installation was required, I was worried, but then breathed a sigh of relief as Rockstar, in their infinite wisdom, allowed me to install the game on my external hard drive.

Imagine my apprehension when I received a copy of Battlefield 4 as a gift last night. Concerned about the installation requirements, I contacted EA customer support via chat and asked if I could install on an external hard drive. At first the support representative said no... then said that he was mistaken and that although installation on an external wasn't possible for Xbox ONE, it was possible for Xbox 360. I opened the game and attempted to install it.

And I got an error message that the game can only be installed on Xbox Hard Drives.

This is completely what should not have happened according to EA: 

Devesh: You cannot Install game in external hard drive for Xbox 1,however you can install it in external hard drive for Xbox 360.
you: Ok, so I will be able to install it to the Toshiba hard drive?
Devesh: Sure.

This, EA, is complete and utter nonsense. Why are your support representatives giving false information? I could have kept the game in plastic and have resold it (my wife did not keep the receipt) but now that it's open it's practically worthless. I understand she should have kept the receipt, but she knows nothing about games, and she (rightly so) assumed that if she bought the game for the right console, then I should be able to play it on that console.

The point is, I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO RETURN THE GAME. I should be able to install it on my external hard drive. I can't be the only one who is monumentally ticked off about this.

The following is a full  transcript of my chat with EA. 
Devesh: Thanks for contacting EA Customer Experience, my name is Devesh. How may I assist you today?
you: Hi! I had a question about Battlefield 4 installation for the Xbox
you: I read on your page that Battlefield must be installed to a hard drive.
you: I have an Xbox 4gb slim model and a Toshiba external hard drive
Devesh: Hello
you: Will I be able to install to a Toshiba external hard drive?
Devesh: Okay.
Devesh: Please conform are you on Xbox 1 or Xbox 360.
you: Oh, sorry Xbox 360
Devesh: Okay thank you for conforming.
Devesh: Please hold on for a minute while I conform it back to you.
you: I don't want to remove the game from the packaging and attempt installation because then I would not be able to return the game to the store
Devesh: Okay I got your concern.
Devesh: https://help.ea.com/article/battlefield-4-xbox-360-install-guide
you: Yes, I read that.
Devesh: Please follow these article of complete details for installation.
you: What is unclear is: Do I need an "official" xbox hard drive to do the installation? Or will any hard drive do? That post doesn't quite answer that question
Devesh: You won't be able to install it in external hard drive.
you: Ok, so I need to return the game
you: Which is disappointing.
Devesh: You need an official Xbox drive to install it.
you: I have another question
Devesh: I understand your disappointment.
Devesh: Sure please ask.
you: Why is it that Rockstar will allow me to install GTAV to an external hard drive but EA won't allow me to install Battlefield 4? The GTAV installation is quite large as well
you: Answer that question and you'll understand why you lost a customer today.
you: I know you're not responsible for it, but please let whoever is in charge there that this is a major disappointment to the customers
you: let whoever is in charge know, rather
Devesh: Sorry for some mis information.
Devesh: You cannot Install game in external hard drive for Xbox 1,however you can install it in external hard drive for Xbox 360.
you: Ok, so I will be able to install it to the Toshiba hard drive?
Devesh: Sure.
Devesh: Please follow this link below.
you: Ok, will EA refund me if the installation fails?
Devesh: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-4/Battlefield-4-xbox-360-won-t-install-not-even-on-the-original...
Devesh: May I know from where you purchased your game?
you: a Wal-Mart in Flagstaff, AZ
Devesh: Thank you for conforming.
Devesh: You will have to contact to them for refund as we do not have order so it is not possible to refund from our end.
you: So if it doesn't work then I have a $65 coaster, basically
Devesh: You will be able to install it,players are able to do it and play there game.
you: ok, I hope so. Thanks for your time Davesh. Again, I don't want to be rude. I am just a bit frustrated at EA sometimes
Devesh: Don't worry you will be install it.I understand your disappointment.
you: ok, have a good evening

Message 1 of 3 (1,378 Views)

★★ Novice

i'm sorry to hear that, here is a link to try to fix thatStandard smile

http://help.ea.com/

Message 2 of 3 (197 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@domftw11

That is who he talked to.

Plus this is a 2.5 year old thread.  Please don't necro threads, its not a good idea.

badmkay

Did my post help you? Click "Grant XP"
Did my post solve your issue? Click "Accept As Solution"

I do not work for EA. I am just a gamer helping fellow gamers.

See you on the Battlefield!!!

Multi-Platform Elite Race: PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3, PS4

I DO NOT ANSWER PMs. IF YOU NEED HELP, POST A NEW THREAD SO THE WHOLE COMMUNITY CAN GIVE INPUT, AND IF IT GETS SOLVED, EVERYONE CAN SEE THE SOLUTION.

Message 3 of 3 (180 Views)