Re: Drops below 50FPS on GX 1060 and i5-4590

by eldomtom2

Original Post

Drops below 50FPS on GX 1060 and i5-4590

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

As the title says. I am getting frequent drops below 60FPS on my setup, and in some areas, like the hotel in Hainan Resort, the framerate can drop as low as 45FPS. This is definitely an issue with BF4 - this is not the performance I should be getting with my components. I've run virus scans that came up with nothing, and run benchmarking programs that gave completely expected results for my components. I've tried unparking cores, shutting down all other processes, repairing the game, and updating (and reverting) drivers and all other sorts of stuff - nothing's worked. I'm at my wit's end here. Surely there must be some sort of fix?

My specs:

CPU: i5-4590

GPU: MSI GTX 1060 Armor OC

Motherboard: Gigabyte MicroATX H81M-S2H

RAM: 8GB DDR3

PSU: EVGA 550W Gold-certified

The CPU stays consistently at 80-85% usage (with very occasional peaks to 90%) and stays at around 62C to 67C. The GPU never goes above 60C.

Message 1 of 5 (703 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @eldomtom2

For how long you had this problem? Did you changed anything in your PC?

There were just a recent video card drivers update with Battlefield 1 release, can you try to update them now? 

Cheers,

Archi 

Archi.png
Message 2 of 5 (682 Views)

★★ Novice

I have had this problem ever since I built this computer and installed BF4 a couple of weeks ago. I update my drivers whenever they come out, and it hasn't helped.

Message 3 of 5 (676 Views)

@eldomtom2 wrote:

I have had this problem ever since I built this computer and installed BF4 a couple of weeks ago. I update my drivers whenever they come out, and it hasn't helped.

The only thing that stands out for me is the overclock, Battlefield has traditionally not played well with overclocking and the problems go away when OC is turned off.  Also programs like MSI Afterburner, Raptr, and Razer Cortex are also known to cause problems so if you have those programs try disabling them before playing BF4.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 4 of 5 (672 Views)

★★ Novice

It's not overclocked by me, it comes overclocked by the manufacturer straight out of the box. Are you suggesting that I should underclock it?

Message 5 of 5 (664 Views)