Download problem

by pizzadelivery8

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Download problem

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I'm a bit new to Origin so it started when I tried to download BF4 and it told me Origin was missing some files and needed permission to continue the download. Where do I accept the permission to download BF4?

Message 1 of 12 (448 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Download problem

Hero (Retired)

That's odd, thank you for the screenshot. Have you tried to completely uninstall Origin, restart the computer, and download it again?

View in thread

Message 7 of 12 (380 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Hello @pizzadelivery8

Please download Origin again here to make sure all the files are available. Once downloaded, you will be able to download Battlefield 4.

Message 2 of 12 (427 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I tried that and the same message popped up again. Here is what it exactly says,

"Origin needs to download files and is waiting for permission. Please choose "Yes" when windows prompts you for permission".

Message 3 of 12 (424 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Are you an administrator on the computer? You should get a pop-up from Origin asking to make changes to the Hardrive on that computer.

Message 4 of 12 (412 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Yes I am and I am getting a pop-up but only when I open Origin and yet it still won't download.

Is there any other way?

Message 5 of 12 (408 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Message 6 of 12 (407 Views)

Hero (Retired)

That's odd, thank you for the screenshot. Have you tried to completely uninstall Origin, restart the computer, and download it again?

Message 7 of 12 (381 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I'll do that now.

Message 8 of 12 (373 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Would I'd still keep my only game which is BF4 on Origin? Or uninstalling would remove the game?

Message 9 of 12 (372 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hi,

no don't worry Confusedmileyvery-happy: origin unistallation will only remove origin client.

Se il post di qualcuno ti è stato d'aiuto, lascia un punto XP ➕
Se il post di qualcuno ha risolto il problema, ricordati di segnarlo come soluzione affinchè altri possano trarne aiuto. ✔

Message 10 of 12 (326 Views)