Ask. Answer. Be the Hero.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Keeper
Cutforbeiber
Accepted Solution

Does BF4 have linux support?

I really like ubuntu.  it's small simple and clean, but I was wondering if I can natively play bf4?

Hero
LiBever

Re: Does BF4 have linux support?

Hello,

"AMD and DICE, the developer of Battlefield 4, are committed to bringing the new Mantle API to the Linux platform, which would effectively give a tremendous boost to gaming on the open source platform.

A slideshow presentation has been spotted on a German website, planet3dnow.de, which shows that the two companies have a vested interest in getting Mantle ready for Linux and SteamOS.

The Mantle API would provide a much better interaction between game developers and the GPUS, enabling games to better communicate with the hardware and to ditch any software requirements (like DirectX).

The Mantle is a long way from arriving on Linux, but when it does get here, SteamOS will probably be out in force and Linux will become a powerhouse for development and innovation in the entertainment industry.
"

http://news.softpedia.com/news/AMD-and-Battlefield-4-Developer-Dice-Determined-to-Make-Linux-a-Gamin...

Regards, Libever

libeversig“

Thank you for using Answer HQ. If you need further assistance, please let us know right away!

You can also contact me directly via PM here

Carbonic
Topics: 44
XP: 2,473
Solutions: 1,082

Re: Does BF4 have linux support?

The short answer is: no :smileywink: