DirectX function GetDeviceRemovedReason failed with dxgi_error_device_hung

by BizzyDG

Original Post

Re: DirectX function GetDeviceRemovedReason failed with dxgi_error_device_hung

★★★ Novice

Hi there

I've had the same issue for 2 weeks

I've tried eeeeeevery tip that i've found on the net and the game didn't worked.

Then i was changing parts (hardware) from the comp and bingoooo.

The problem was the motherboard. (incompatibility, badly made, who knows),

There was some connection issue between the motherboard and the processor.

So I've changed the motherboard, i've didn't even reinstalled Windows 8.1 and give it a shot.. Surpriseeeeee Standard smile It just entered in the game in notime and I was able to play.

the comp specs on wich the game works:

proc:                     I7 5820K

motherboard:     ASUS X99-A

video card:          GTX 690

ram memory:     16 GIG 2800

Good luck guys Standard smile

Message 21 of 46 (3,229 Views)

★★★ Novice

is not EA/ORIGIN PROBLEM. change computer parts with other parts and test.

I had to change the motherboard to fix the issue

Message 22 of 46 (3,225 Views)

★★★ Novice

change motherboard Standard smile for me it worked. It's no browser, or DX, or Origin or sthing else issue Standard smile

it's just components parts issue it seems (couse i've tried i think all the tips from the Inet about fixing this error)

i dunno if is a compatibility issue or something went wrong in the building process.

Other games wore working just fine, I've even tested my computer with some benchmark and came up above average but BF4 would just not run Standard smile

now it's ok, other motherboard resulted in a happy life

comp specs:

I7 5820k

ASUS X99-A

16 GIG RAM DDR4 2800

GTX 690

Good luck

Message 23 of 46 (3,226 Views)

★★★ Novice
I had the same problem and i solved it by changing the motherboard. I had a gigabyte and now i have ASUS :-) is a biiiig diference. By the way, along with BF4 i had issues with other games like GRID, Grid 2, Grid autosport. Try installing one of this games and if u have a black screen after you lounch the game the prob will be the motherboard
Message 24 of 46 (3,134 Views)

★★ Novice

Changing motherboard is not solution. DICE must fix their broken engine and release patch.

Message 25 of 46 (2,819 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Dont be absurd.

Multiple people using decent spec pcs shouldnt all have to replace motherboards because of a directx error.

Its likely it wasnt even your mobo but the rebuild that fixed it.

Message 26 of 46 (2,595 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I personally solved it.........
Win7 64, GTX780Ti 32GB RAM
This is how I did it:
- Download an uninstalling tool (I used REVO Pro 30 days free trial). Install it.
- Restart the system in safe mode with networking.
- Launch the uninstalling tool and remove all NVIDIA drivers, applications and programs (Revo, after uninstalling each voice shows you a list of remaining files and folders related to what you have uninstalled, and asks you if you want to delete them. Choose DELETE everytime untill you have removed them all).
- Restart the system in safe mode with networking again. If Windows start install drivers at the start, if you can stop it, but if you can, let it do it.
- Navigate through C or whatever your Hard Disk is, and delete all NVIDIA folders left in the system. All of them.
- At this point I went to the NVIDIA web site and downloaded the 350.12 driver version, but not the GEForce Experience.
- I restarted the system in normal mode.
- Once started I noticed that in Windows update there was (not in the important download list, but in the other one), there a was NVIDIA adapter file to download, even if I have never seen it in there before. I downloaded it and restarted the system again.
- I play with no crashes since then, even if I noticed a little less performance in graphic, slightly).
- The only thing I cannot explain is that now, in NVIDIA control panel and in the control panel, the graphic driver is the 353.82.... And in the NVIDIA web site, this version is not listed, is just not there. In the downloaded files I still have the 350.12 that I have installed before as I said, but the one that is shown by NCP and CP is the 353.82....

Who wants can try these steps, and see if crashing issue stops.... If you have the same 353.82 surprise an knows how to explain it, I'll glad to know.....
Good luck guys, hoping to forget about this finally.....

Message 27 of 46 (2,308 Views)

★ Novice

I think that I find the solution for everyone.

Try to configure your video card to use fewer power than needed.

Works for me.

Message 28 of 46 (2,302 Views)

★ Novice
What i did and works for me is disable Xfire ... progs like raptr and steam .. disable or unistal them and the probs are gone ... at least works for me
Message 29 of 46 (1,949 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Okay so I have been searching,trying fixaes and finally formating for a week now. I have been working good for like 1 year now but all of a sudden BF4 gets the error message mentioned i subject. 

Do you mean that it is still hardware related? Then why can I then play other demanding games where the graphic card revs up for hours in and out. 

I need some ideas. Please help. 

Message 30 of 46 (1,880 Views)