DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Error

by Energyzzer

Original Post

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Error

★★★ Newbie

Hi all

I was playing Battlefield 4 at yesterday on windows 8.But today I upgraded my pc to Windows 8.1,I can't play Battlefield 4.When I started play,it's freezing and I am getting blue screen.(Error Info:DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION)

I tried repair install,and my drivers all up to date.How can I resolve this problem ?

My system:MSI GE60 0ND

Ps:Sorry for bad english

Message 1 of 3 (1,576 Views)

Re: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Error

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

The error you're refering to is very commonly caused by a storage device compatability problem.  

windows 8 and 8.1 carry a lot of changes to data access, and some storage devices, particularly ssd's, do not carry over a compatable firmware. Most of these drives require a firmware update in order to cooperate with 8 or 8.1 (in some cases 8 may be supported, while 8.1 isn't without an update)

so i'd start there. Are you having problems in just BF4? or is it happening randomly all the time? Just because windows 8.1 works normally other than with BF4, it doesn't mean its not your problem. It can be very difficult to track the bug down, especially if you have multiple storage drives. I'd make sure all your storage drivers are updated to fully support 8.1

last, but not least, make sure you have the latest BIOS available for your motherboard.  The full release of 8.1 recently brought new BIOS updates from nearly every mobo manufacturer. This at least will give you some stuff to mess with while waiting for a more informative response...

Message 2 of 3 (1,556 Views)

Re: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Error

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Thanks for reply.

It is only happening in Battlefield 4.I am not using external storage devices or ssd's.I looked for bios update but there is no update for 8.1

Edit:Is there any problem with Intel Rapid Storage ?

Message 3 of 3 (1,553 Views)