Crashing - BF4 has stopped working.

by TMJensen

Original Post

Re: Crashing - BF4 has stopped working.

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

bf4_x86.exe

x86 = 32bit

Right Click on BF4 in Origin and you can change it.  Game Properties I think?  Not in front of me ATM but there is a drop down box.  No clue why it's using 32bit.

Message 11 of 17 (1,402 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I did all the driver/repair re-install things, but it was the PROFSAVE_profile thing that finally worked!

I deleted all of those from my_documents/bf4 folder, and finally those crashes at loading screen stopped. It must have been the Raptor_AMD update that changed by profsave files...

Thanks Wootcandy.

Message 12 of 17 (1,377 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Renaming the PROFSAVE file worked for me as well. Thanks a lot!

Message 13 of 17 (1,192 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same **bleep** problem the loading is done but when I play multiplayer the game will stopped working after is freezing and before I need to press alt ctr and delete to go on the homepage and BF4 STOPPED WORKING CLOSE PROGRAM wtf is the problem?

Message 14 of 17 (1,095 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

o only keeping meta there in? amnd delete the 3 prosave things?

Message 15 of 17 (1,091 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@POOHSTICK17 wrote:

Hi, this error can be so vague that there is not just one simple answer for it.

Below is a list I usually post of common fixes which you should do:

-make sure that you've updated your drivers to latest version. Choose a 'clean install' (usually in the advanced install options)
If the problem only began after updating your graphics driver then try reverting to a previous driver (again choosing 'clean install)

-Do a repair install of the game in Origin. In origin right click your game and from drop down choose repair install.

-Reinstall Punkbuster.
Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4 and select pbsv.exe . Choose 'reinstall'
Install advice for Punkbuster https://help.ea.com/uk/article/punkbuster-technical-issues

- Make sure you download and install the latest Battlelog plugins.
First uninstall old Battlelog plugin by going to "Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features" and removing "battlelog web plugin".
Then log in using Origin and go to battlelog page where you'll be prompted to download latest web plugin.
After you have installed it you should clear your cache, exit your browser. Then restart your browser, and then re-login to Origin to ensure proper install.
If this doesn't work then you should try a different browser (Chrome/Maxthon/Firefox, etc)

-Make sure that you have latest version of flash installed http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/?no_redirect

- make sure that your firewall/anti virus isn't preventing the game, Punkbuster or Origin from launching.
Also check the quality of your internet connection.

-Run the game as ADMINISTRATOR.
Go to the Origin games folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4) and find Bf4.exe. Right click it and go to PROPERTIES, then COMPATIBILITY and tick the box next to RUN THIS PROGRAM AS ADMINISTRATOR.
Do the same with BF4_x86.exe as well.

-Disable Origin in game.
In Origin - Application settings - Origin in Game - disable Origin in game

-Run Origin as Administrator
Right click on Origin.exe and go to properties. Then go to compatability tab and tick the box next to RUN AS ADMIN.

-Reinstall DirectX.
1:go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4\__Installer\directx\redist
2:Find file named DXSETUP.exe and right click on it and choose RUN AS ADMINISTRTOR. Install it. It should update your DirectX install.
3: You might need to reboot computer first.
4: try to launch game.

-Reinstall C++ redistributables.
1:go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4\__Installer\vc\vc2012Update3\redist
2: Right Click on vcredist_x64.exe and choose RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR then follow onscreen prompts.
Do the same with vcredist_x86.exe and follow onscreen prompts.

-Update your Microsoft .NET framework.
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17851

WTF, I uninstalled my battlelog web plugin, logged into Origin, and I have not been prompted to download the latest web plugin! How do I get back that battlefield web plugin I just deleted!? Now I can't play the game at all Frown

Message 16 of 17 (1,086 Views)

★★ Novice

can u teach me step by step how to change the file name? im have the same problem.

Message 17 of 17 (480 Views)