Constant Server disconnects/Inability to play with roomie/friends

by LestatXV

Original Post

Constant Server disconnects/Inability to play with roomie/friends

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

No Chats available... no queue to get into it.  I cannot STAND or believe EA would do this poorly in playing with friends online.  I have opened all ports for Battlfield 1 (PS4) as suggested on YOUR SITE BY YOU!

Also I have set both playstations on static IPs .... I have NAT2 which is supposed to be the best.. 3 is too strict and 1 is to insecure.  Yet it takes 20 minutes for my brother and I to find a game together.  When a friend who lives in another town is the party leader it works 'sometimes'.  And even then we are often thrown into our own game with just us 2 alone.  The game is not a fresh and join-able game either no one ever joins.  Twice we have had people eventually join after waiting for 30 minutes after us just killing each other out of boredom.  

Why are you not able to group and join AS A GROUP.. why would you make it to where one person enters a match and the others have to click join button fast enough to get in???? I work with networks often so YES the damn correct ports are open in the correct manner. So guess what guys... this connectivity issue is on you.  I have even for a time put both PS4's in the DMZ and still same problems.  

Whatever your anti 'same connection' thing is... remove it.  I have had this game for 2 months and have barely been able to play because of you horrid connectivity and party system.  Lets fix that before anymore maps and flashy additions.  I have DSL as a connection which sucks enough as it is but still with a 24 MB/s download speed i should have the connection to join games.

If anyone has an actual fix... please let me know.  I have searched on this for a long time.  Does everyone have these same issues? constant server disconnects after starting to join. Inability to seamlessly play with friends.  Have tried all game modes... joining actual servers .. quick match joins... all have the same result.  It is not limited to a certain map/game mode/quick match/set server.

Message 1 of 2 (315 Views)

Re: Constant Server disconnects/Inability to play with roomie/friends

Hey @LestatXV,

Sorry for these frustrating issues, but did you follow these steps:https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/console/connection-troubleshooting-advanced-playstation/ 

Let us know...

Best regards,
ParaMaster

Message 2 of 2 (293 Views)