Connection Issues in BF4

by Pedro9PL

Original Post

Connection Issues in BF4

★ Novice

Hey,

For some time now I'm expieriencing connection problems while in game. Since I'm from Poland, I usually play on european servers (Germany, Poland, Russia). My ping is often around 65-75 and the same amount is in game. But it doesn't really matter because there are constant lags and problems with the time between a shot and a hit (i don't how to call it exactly).

I usually don't run any other programs in the background (Avast is in the game mode).

I don't know what could be the reason behind the problems.

Also I'm attaching some screenshots from game and speed test.

Here are my PC specs: (i don't think it's pc's fault)

CPU: Intel Core2Quad Q8300 2.50GHz

GPU: AMD Radeon HD7770

RAM: 8GB

and SSD with HDD.

Thanks in advance Wondering

Message 1 of 6 (377 Views)

Re: Connection Issues in BF4

★★★ Novice

Your CPU is too slow. Battlefield has major performance requirements for PC.

Message 2 of 6 (344 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I dont have this exact problem, but its also a matter of ping issue.

For some reason I keep getting kick from one server who have as one of rules max ping 150, and mine ping is 130.

This is more confusing becuz some other players are intouch and they have pings 180+ which is much higher then me.

I dont doubt that some Admin is trolling me.

Message 3 of 6 (332 Views)

Hero

To the OP. Looking at your images you have packet loss. Have you tried removing power from all your network equipment, routers/modems/switches etc. ?

carbonic signature

Message 4 of 6 (327 Views)

★ Novice

SGT_MCDUFF - I'm 100% sure it's not the pc. Earlier i was playing on High settings with sth around 30fps

Carbonic - I've had my router replaced in October i think. It caused some problems but a technician fixed it. But wouldn't it affect other games? Of course I can try plugging it out and in however I'm not sure it'll change anything ;/

I'll do my best but still wait for some replies.

Message 5 of 6 (314 Views)

Hero

Routers and network equipment in general will always make more mistakes the longer it's been on without having been restarted. And yes this can easily affect 1 game, 1 application or even only a tiny part of a single application. Remove the power cable for 5 minutes and see if that solves it.

carbonic signature

Message 6 of 6 (304 Views)