Computer halting when playing games. (Battlefield 4 help)

by TheLunchBawx

Original Post

Re: Computer halting when playing games. (Battlefield 4 help)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

I would close the  Skype when in game and see it it helps. If not tried already :womanhappy:

Message 41 of 63 (258 Views)

★ Apprentice

Ok. I just tried playing again yesterday and it froze this time not shut down. I am going to use memtest86 today and see if it's my ram, if not then I will go to the computer store anyways.

Message 42 of 63 (251 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hi FuriousFing :womanhappy: I hate running that test but a good program for sure good choice. Interesting it did not shut down this time it feels like one step closer to the fix. I know you did this but make sure the ram is put in correct you can kill me in BF4 for saying this :womanlol: 

Keep me posted I fully want this fixed for you and I hope the PC does not need to go into the shop.  

Message 43 of 63 (245 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Thanks! It showed no errors for the first Pass, So that's good! What do you think it is? It also froze when I tried to overclock my ram. Is it the Motherboard getting too overloaded?

Message 44 of 63 (239 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I am so not a big fan of over clocking not a area I have played in much due to it can kill a PC if your not sure what you are doing.

With  memtest86 it is best to run it fully as it can pass first run but can fail on other runs :/ If you run it again just let it do all the stages to be sure. I have 32 gigs of ram so I know only to well how long it takes :/ 

I am still worried its the power supply :/ You could try this off chance tho ..

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows/change-virtual-memory-size#1TC=windows-7

Message 45 of 63 (230 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have 8gb so I will let it run overnight. Then I will see what it is. It could be the power supply, but why?

Message 46 of 63 (227 Views)

Hero (Retired)

It is rare for new hardware to be bad but it does happen :womanfrustrated: 

Message 47 of 63 (223 Views)

★ Apprentice

Ok :/

Message 48 of 63 (221 Views)

Hero (Retired)

It is still worth a shot to up virtual memory a bit, fully off chance but worth a shot.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows/change-virtual-memory-size#1TC=windows-7

Message 49 of 63 (216 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Yeah that could be it, ok I will try that. Thanks!

EDIT: I think it says it has  Currently allocated 8175MB Isn't that all my ram? I have 8GB 2x4GB

I think that's my problem, it has given the virtual memory all my ram!

Message 50 of 63 (213 Views)