Client closed down connection. Check your network connection and make sure ...

by eddward40hands

Original Post

Client closed down connection. Check your network connection and make sure ...

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

This is getting quite ridiculous. I never disconnect from any other game or have any issues playing online. I have followed ea's advice and opened all the ports that should be necessary to run the game without a problem. Since the latest patch i have had nothing but issues with disconnecting and crashes. Lately since i found a set of drivers (352.86) my game hasn't crashed as much. I'm getting tired of having to try things to make this game work. This is my last resort.

I play maybe 5 minutes to 2 days without a problem and then i get "Game disconnected: Client closed down connection. Check your network connection and make sure ..." and then it happens over and over and over again until i take a break and come back a day or two later. It's really random.

I have flushed the dns, called my isp and replaced my modem, reinstalled the game + origin, opened all ports, opened my firewall, bought a new router repeated all the steps for port forwarding, reinstalled drivers for my network card, changed my dns ip's, tried taking my router off and plugging directly into my cable modem, i have 80mbs down and 7 up, my ping and latency is excellent and always around 50 or less. I'm at a loss as to what could be causing this problem besides the patch. bf3 and Bad company 2 don't do this. If you all have anything else i can try please let me know. I know that i cannot be the only person experiencing this issue.

i've opened all the follow ports btw

TCP80, 443, 9988, 20000-20100, 22990, 17502, 42127
UDP
3659, 14000-14016, 22990-23006, 25200-25300

system specs:

i7950 - 3.7ghz
gtx 980 with nvidia drivers 352.86
8gb system memory
1tb ssd
4tb hdds

Message 1 of 4 (573 Views)

Re: Client closed down connection. Check your network connection and make sure .

Hero (Retired)

Hi

Try to restart Origin and reinstall plugin for battlelog. Also, reboot your Internet (Modem or Router)

Message 2 of 4 (553 Views)

Re: Client closed down connection. Check your network connection and make sure .

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I've tried that. I've uninstalled origin and the game. Reinstalled both from scratch. Tried 3 different browsers. Already got a new modem (since you failed to read what i tried). This problem won't go away. I've tried everything i can think of.

Message 3 of 4 (544 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem in The Netherlands.

Frown

Message 4 of 4 (428 Views)