Re: [China Rising] Kicked out of servers (Oceania Region)

by WTF_Zerlargal

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[China Rising] Kicked out of servers

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I logged into Battlelog, right clicked on BF4 then checked for an update. I was hoping the update for China Rising would be there. There was an update. Downloaded 880MB and installed. Now everytime I enter a server in the Oceanic region I get kicked within 2 minutes. Ran Punkbuster testing which reports PB is working fine. Before you ask, no I am not banned. I was playing fine all day today before this update. I even did a repair install which told me there are no errors so the game is fine.

What is going on here! Now I cannot play battlefield at all !!! This is NOT the premium experience that I was expecting.

/Edit by admin: UPDATE: WE ARE AWARE OF A DISCONNECTION ISSUE, WE ARE WORKING TO FIX IT ON THE BACKEND. SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE.

Message 1 of 113 (7,079 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [China Rising] Kicked out of servers

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

If you have downloaded an 800MB patch only then you do NOT have the expansion. Attempts to join a match without the full download will cause you to exit  from the server. This usually means the screen goes black with only the Battlefield cursor soon after logging in to any server. Then the game exits back to the Battlelog.

Logout of origin, exit the application and start it again. Log back in, go to My Games, right click on Battlefield 4. Select Game Properties. Scroll down to the China Rising expansion picture which should now be un-grayed if you own it. Right click and select download. When you have that 4.5GB downloaded, then you are ready to play the expansion.

You can only play China Rising at the moment if you are a premium member or you have early access. Early access commenced on the 3rd of December and everyone else gets to play on the the 17th. 

Note: There was a seperate issue with disconnects from the Air Superiority play mode which should now be fixed.

View in thread

Message 73 of 113 (2,028 Views)

All Replies

★ Novice
Message 2 of 113 (6,991 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Do you get any kind of error message after being kicked from the server, or is the client crashing?

Cheers

Basti

Message 3 of 113 (6,986 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

No error at all. Just the screen goes black with the battlefield cursor near the top right. This goes on for 5-10 seconds then the game drops back to the battlelog. 

Message 4 of 113 (6,983 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

Let me know if i can do anything to diagnose or is this a transient issue until Australian servers are update?

Message 5 of 113 (6,965 Views)

★ Apprentice

half the time it says 'battlefield has stopped working'... the other half i just get booted from the server and when i try to rejoin i get kicked from it again after about 20 seconds

Message 6 of 113 (6,957 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I have 2 or more friends with the same problem, me included. It simply just disconnects us from the server.

Turns out with me trying to fix things I found out that there's a another patch to download. You read right after downloading the 800+MB patch You need to go into Orgin, look at BF4, *Right Click*, Show Game Info, Scroll down a bit, See China Rising DLC. Download it.

That's right I was wondering about the size of the DLC, it's 4.5 Gig to download. 

I hope you guys can spread the word. and I hope this fixes the issue quick.

Message 7 of 113 (6,949 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

As we are currently preparing the china rising update, you should wait another hour before trying to connect again. We get several reports where player seem to be able to connect and get kicked out of the game.

Cheers

Basti

Message 8 of 113 (6,915 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here in europe.  I guess its just too hard to hire good programming staff with a bankaccount like theirs m(  EA/DICE should consider building airplanes or producing medicine.

well done!

Message 9 of 113 (6,900 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is not just oceana region, its happening to me connecting to european servers as well after the patch download(im in the uk)

I suspect its because as bf uses user made servers they have to be updated with the patch as well or your client will be a different version to the servers client and I suspect thats why we are getting kicked.

Server admins just need to get there arses in gear and update.

Message 10 of 113 (6,895 Views)