Checking Data Error Message

by stl0714

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Checking Data Error Message

★★★ Newbie

Every time I sign on to Battlefield 4 on the Xbox 360 I get the following error message. "Existing player profile data appears to be damaged and cannot be used". When I continue through the message and launch a multiplayer games on xbox live  I have to reset all my vehicle loadouts as well as go into the options and readjust my brightness, sensitivity and controls. Is there any way I can fix this problem on my own or is this going to have to be resolved in an update? Thanks for anyone that can help.

Message 1 of 3 (188 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Checking Data Error Message

★★★ Newbie

RESOLVED: Here was an answer i found after doing some more searching. 

If your Profile Save Data has been corrupted (you may experience freezing or an error message stating your profile save data is corrupt), you will need to delete your Profile Save Data. 

Please note that deleting your Profile Save Data will also delete any story mode or campaign progress you may have made with the affected game. However, Multiplayer progress will not be affected, as it is stored elsewhere on servers. 

Deleting Profile Save Data: 

Xbox 360: 

Go to the Xbox 360 Dashboard 
Select ‘Settings’ 
Select ‘System Settings’ 
Select ‘Storage’ 
Select ‘HDD’ 
Select ‘Games and Apps’ 
Select the game that is affected by the error. 
Delete the ‘Profile_Save_Data’ file.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (191 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

RESOLVED: Here was an answer i found after doing some more searching. 

If your Profile Save Data has been corrupted (you may experience freezing or an error message stating your profile save data is corrupt), you will need to delete your Profile Save Data. 

Please note that deleting your Profile Save Data will also delete any story mode or campaign progress you may have made with the affected game. However, Multiplayer progress will not be affected, as it is stored elsewhere on servers. 

Deleting Profile Save Data: 

Xbox 360: 

Go to the Xbox 360 Dashboard 
Select ‘Settings’ 
Select ‘System Settings’ 
Select ‘Storage’ 
Select ‘HDD’ 
Select ‘Games and Apps’ 
Select the game that is affected by the error. 
Delete the ‘Profile_Save_Data’ file.

Message 2 of 3 (192 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey what's up man. I also got the same message and am currently dealing with the problem myself. I waited an hour to talk to a EA tech support agent online and this is what she had me do which fixed the problem for me. This started happening to me when I did the update with the second assault DLC. Here's what you can try- First hit the xbox button on your controller, scroll to settings, system settings, storage, hard drive, BF4, delete saved game and delete the latest update (feb 18). Next dash out, hit xbox button, scroll to settings, system settings, storage,  press Y on hard drive, clear system cache, restart you xbox. Lastly disconnect your xbox from the internet completely, xbox button, system settings, clock, reset the date to nov 22 2005, hit A, turn off you xbox, Reconnect your internet and start up your system. It should help. Good luck man I know this is extremely annoying.

Message 3 of 3 (159 Views)