Cannot rent a server or renew old one.

by Jimmyjames013

Original Post

Re: Can not renew my server nor rent a new one

★ Novice
The work around worked..thank you. hopefully this problem can be figured out.
Message 21 of 32 (1,408 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Check my solution close to the top of this thread. It worked for almost everybody. Except one apparently, which i'm sure he doesn't know how. Add me on psn if you'd like @ JimmyJames013, I'll be glad to help.
Message 22 of 32 (1,406 Views)

Re: Cannot rent a server or renew old one.

★★★ Newbie
Nah dude they suck !
Message 23 of 32 (1,390 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Thank you @EA_Ataashi !

Just tried on my PS4 Pro, and here it gave a somewhat different result, as I now have access here (after using the workaround) to actually rent a new server, which function also had gone missing.

Next to this, I have access to extend the rental of the servers that I own!  (so that helps at least for that)

But the functionality to extend the rental on the servers where I am admin are not active.  Its like that function is disabled/greyed out on the screen.

Hope the tech team can get this fixed really quick as many good servers may go lost if not and loose the gamer population that took months/years to build.

Message 24 of 32 (1,349 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

I'm glad to hear that you managed to renew your rental server @CyberDyme Standard smile

Unfortunately, we have no ETA for a fix for this issue for now, but I'll try to keep you all updated.

/Ataashi

Message 25 of 32 (1,347 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

Hey everyone! 

@Jimmyjames013 @CyberDyme @micaroni1870 @marcusc1979

We have made a fix, and everything seems to work from our end. Can you please confirm that it is working for you. Standard smile 

Tag me when you are replaying. 

Thank you!

/Atic 

Message 26 of 32 (1,274 Views)

★★ Novice

Still doesn't work on the Xbox One or 360. Every time you go into rent a server, it freezes for everyone on the console and have to reboot it. 

Message 27 of 32 (1,200 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes it does work for us PS4 users now!! Thank you !!

Message 28 of 32 (1,196 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Thank you EA_Attic - Indeed your fix cleared the problem - Thank you!

Next one coming up now along the same lines:  On standard 'old' PS4, for my server the 'Extend Rental' is dimmed out on my server screen.

How close do I need to come to 'expiry date' before it allows me to extend the rental with 3 more months?

Based on last experiences I do not like anymore to wait till last day before extended the rental period.  So its a bit frustrating now if its not possible to do this in good time?

Is that how it is supposed to be, or do I have a new problem of similar type coming back?

Thank you!

Message 29 of 32 (1,102 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Jimmy boy, I very well know how to do the few simply steps you described in your workaround.   Reality is however that it didn’t work. Get over it!

Message 30 of 32 (1,077 Views)