Can't purchase anything?

by mimiw2405

Original Post

Can't purchase anything?

★★★ Newbie

Hi

I am constantly receiving error 10048 every time i try to purchase a game whether i use online store or Origin client and no matter what time of payment i opt for.  I've tried contacting EA via the 'chat now', and the advisor on the phone was very unhelpful, he said someone would email me with a solution and no one has, getting extremely frustrated with this as the wait times on the 'chat now' are ridiculously long!!

Please give me another option other than 'chat now', please arrange for someone to phone me or give me an email address where i can resolve this via email please.

Thanks

Amy

Message 1 of 4 (260 Views)

Re: Can't purchase anything?

Champion (Retired)

Welcome to Answer HQ, I will regretably inform you that we have no access to your account we can offer troubleshooting steps however,

If you wish for a call back please request one at help.ea.com

-Try Reinstalling Origin

-Are all your payment methods valid?

-Can you purchase anything at origin.com ?

NEVER SHARE CARD. PAYMENT METHOD OR ANY PERSONAL DETAILS ON AHQ

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Thank-you
Killerwhal812
Marshall

If I or Anyone helped in any way please in return make the time to award then with XP please.

If I solved the problem give me Brownie Points by marking it as a Soloution

I DO NOT WORK FOR EA | DO NOT SHARE EA ACCOUNT INFO ON THE FORUM
MY VIEWS ARE MY SOLE OPINION AND NOT EAs

Message 2 of 4 (256 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Origin has literally just been installed, all my payment methods are valid and i can't buy anything at all?

I recently purchased a couple of games absolutely fine on 9th January, then on the 10th January when i went back to purchase more this is when the error code started '10048', i have tried several times since the 10th all with different types of payment i.e. debit card and paypal, it fails every time?

Also when i try to log in when playing Sims 3 it constantly reverts back to the log in page even though i'm entering the correct username and password?  I think there mush be something very wrong with my account but i don't understand how it can be fine one day and then completely wrong the next?

The option for 'call back' does not appear on my screen when i go into EA Help?

Message 3 of 4 (254 Views)

Champion (Retired)

You must live chat then, here is how you get help

START BY GOING TO HELP.EA.COM

How to Search

Choose your starting point when you start on the EA Help home page: Help with a Game, Browse by Topic or Manage your Account. 

Help with a Game
Select your game from the box art or type in your game title in the Search all products textbox directly above the box art.

From the game’s product page, you can filter through a specific topic, or browse through the article list by scrolling down the page. You can also switch from the article view in the Official Articles tab, to the Community tab for Answer HQ help*, or to the Manuals tab to download a PDF.

*Players can browse, post, and comment in Answer HQ about their problems, solutions, helpful hints, outages, and other game-related content to gain XP and badges, level up and become a hero to their fellow players. 

Make sure to check out the top-pinned articles shown above the Official Articles, Community, and Manuals tabs**. We may already have an answer for you here!

**If you don't see what you need right away, you can use the For the best results, select a topic drop-down menu to refine your search. 

Browse by Topic
Select your topic and view all articles relevant to it. For example, if you choose Game Play / In Game, your search results will show a variety of games linked to this topic.

Manage your Account
Click on any topic you would like to view or edit about your account.

Select from password or email changes, orders, codes, security settings, identities (Gamertag, PSN ID, Origin account), and your conversations with our expert team (previously known as your cases). 

Are you not finding what you need on EA Help?

1. To reach our Customer Experience team, simply click on Contact Us on the bottom right-hand side of an article or product page.

2. Click on New Conversation to start a new ticket.
  • If you are following up on a conversation, your previous conversations with an expert should be displayed for your reference

You may not see this step if you are not logged in. However, in order to complete your request, you must Login to Origin.  

3. Note: Your product or topic may have automatically filled in to the form. If not, click on Select a Product first and type in your game in the search field (you may also scroll through the box art to select your product). Click Next.

4. Then Select a Platform for your product and click Next.
  • This is the console you play your game on: PS3, Xbox 360, PC, Mac, iOS, Android, Origin, etc.

5. A few more details will need to be filled in.

6. Choose your topic in the section Select a topic (unless you began with a topic at the start of your search, this should be auto-filled), then type in any relevant information about your issue in the next text field and click Next.
  • Topics range from Account Management to Cheating Reporting and General Questions, so pick what makes the most sense to you.

7. After selecting those details, you will be given an EA recommended contact option. Otherwise, you will see one or more of the available support options for your game:
  • Answer HQ – Clicking Ask Now to get community support about your product. Support is available 24 hours a day.
  • Call me now – Clicking Call me will allow a Game Advisor to call you back. 
  • Live Chat – Clicking Chat Now will begin a live session with a Game Advisor. 
  • Email – Clicking Email Me will help you connect to our game advisor team for solutions on an issue.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Thank-you
Killerwhal812
Marshall

If I or Anyone helped in any way please in return make the time to award then with XP please.

If I solved the problem give me Brownie Points by marking it as a Soloution

I DO NOT WORK FOR EA | DO NOT SHARE EA ACCOUNT INFO ON THE FORUM
MY VIEWS ARE MY SOLE OPINION AND NOT EAs

Message 4 of 4 (248 Views)