Re: Can't play multiplayer with friend on battlefield 4

by Suppy3014

Original Post

Can't play multiplayer with friend on battlefield 4

★★ Novice

How is it that you can't play multiplayer with your friend on a game that focuses around 'community'? This seems like an absurdly HUGE oversight. I spent 30 minutes talking with an advisor last night getting all these instructions on how to join my friend, only for him to ultimately say that 'there is currently no way to play with your friends'. What in the world? Good job EA, it makes perfect sense that we would rather play with a bunch of complete strangers than play games together with our friends.

Message 1 of 18 (36,938 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Needs to be fixed. ASAP.
Message 2 of 18 (36,672 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

i cant even connect on server in mutiplayer but can on the competitors game

Message 3 of 18 (36,659 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here.. there really needs to be  a lobby like all the other shooters.

Message 4 of 18 (36,656 Views)

★ Novice

The current system is no good for playing with friends. I too spent 30 minutes to an hour just trying to play with one friend. I can't imagine the mess if say 4 or 5 buddies decided they wanted to play with me. At first it said that I wasnt online at the multiplayer screen on my friends Ps3, but I was on the batlelog. So when he couldnt jump in through the multiplayer screen, so he tried through battlelog. It told him my server was full...I knew it wasnt because we were in the same room watching all this happen. Eventually after entering and exciting servers over and over again I got in and my friend saw that I was in game at the multiplayer screen. So he joined, but of course since theres no lobby they just put him on the free spot, which was on the other team. So, after playing the game on opposite teams we were able to team up since someone left and the server wasnt full anymore.  Now like I said what if that happened with 3 ore more players wanting to play with eachother.... It would takke a lot of tries and a lot of luck to make it so everyone got on the same team. 

So yeah, they need some sore of lobby where you can join up with your friends and then have the game look for servers with that type of game you want to play with that many spaces free on the same team so that you all join. The option to change teams should still be there just incase you wanna mix it up, but being together should be default, or even make it an option in lobby to on if you and your friends will be on the same team.

Message 5 of 18 (36,474 Views)

★★★ Newbie

on the x box 360 it is very hard to join on friends and play BF4 multiplayer.  please fix soon...thank you

Message 6 of 18 (36,077 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Plz tell me that they r going to fix this???? what a joke

Message 7 of 18 (35,267 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This game sucks.

You have to **bleep**ing join the server before you invite a friend.

I regret buying this game, now Iam gonna buy COD: Ghosts and play that instead, this **bleep**ing sucks.

**bleep** you EA and **bleep** you DICE.

Battlefield 3 is alot better, I WANT MY MONEY BACK YOU SONS OF BITCHES

Message 8 of 18 (34,128 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Say two friends are looking for a server with a minimum of two player slots free.

In BF4, if you find a server with only two free slots and you want to join, you either have to:

• 1: Sit and say "ready, set, go!" and press "JOIN" at the same time. This might take a bit of effort, considering how many servers there are to choose from, and it also means you might end up on different teams.
  • 2: One of the friends has to join a server first, while the other friend sits around waiting to be able to press "join friend". What sucks about this is that in the time between the first friend joining and the other friend being given the "join friend" option, the remaining slot might be taken up by another player!

Now, can you imaginge if you want to play with more than one friend?!Confusedmileyfrustrated:

In BF3, these frinends would alreday be in a "Squad" in the "Lobby" and when one of them joined a game, they'd all be joining more or less at the same time, reducing the "risk" of these ANNOYING problems to a minimum!

DICE, EA, PLEASE LISTEN: WE NEED A PRE-GAME LOBBY!Confusedmileyhappy:

Message 9 of 18 (34,109 Views)

★★★ Newbie

BTW, I am playing BF4 NOW, and issue number 2 just happened to me -_- My friend got in, and by the time I could press join all THREE extra slots were taken up -_-

Now I realise the server he joined automatically popped up on my screen, but still - a PRE-GAME LOBBY would be immensely preferable... This sucks.

Message 10 of 18 (34,094 Views)