Can't connect to BF4 on PS4

by loldude123451

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't connect to BF4 on PS4

★★ Novice

Yesterday and today i have tried to play BF4 multiplayer. I can go into multiplayer, but most of the time there will be no servers at all or when the server lists loads it will take 5-10 mins. Even as so far as not connecting to battlelog of multiplayer completely. My internet connection is fine, I can play destiny and on BFH servers perfectly without lag or any connection issues. Any ideas on how to fix this? 

Message 1 of 6 (627 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't connect to BF4 on PS4

Community Manager (retired)

@loldude123451 your soldier profile is saved on our server and not on your hard-drive. The savegame data for the single player campaign are saved separately on your console. So no worries that you will loose anything.

Cheers

Basti

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (595 Views)

All Replies

@loldude123451 it is weird that you are not able to connect to BF4 servers but to BF:Hardline matches. Please make sure that you are connected with the same soldier/account profile you use for Hardline as well. The menu screen shows you which soldier profile is linked to the game. 
I would recommend to delete your game files for Battlefield 4 in order to re-install aka download the game from the scratch. Do you have the digital or physical version of the game?

Cheers

Basti

Message 2 of 6 (611 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the digital copy on a PS4 disc but after i delete my bf4 and redownload it, do i get all my data back when i redownload it?

Message 3 of 6 (593 Views)

@loldude123451 your soldier profile is saved on our server and not on your hard-drive. The savegame data for the single player campaign are saved separately on your console. So no worries that you will loose anything.

Cheers

Basti

Message 4 of 6 (596 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks Bastian, I was able to play on BF4 again perfectly after deleting the game and reinstalling it. But I did have to download my DLC's again but other than that my soldier profile and all my progress got saved.

Message 5 of 6 (559 Views)

@loldude123451 very good to hear, see you on the Battlefield soldier!

Cheers

Basti

Message 6 of 6 (552 Views)