Re: Campaign Shanghai ladder bug

by EA_Dennis

Original Post

Campaign Shanghai ladder bug

★ Novice

So I played through the first two missions last week, almost finishing the 2nd mission before having to go out. So I quit the game, thinking it had saved and left. Came back to it today and my progress for the 2nd level hadn't saved, so I had to do it again...however this wasn't the worst part.

At the start of the level, you get out of the car, climb a  ladder and get a view of the Chinese HQ. Now, whenever I try to get down the next ladder my character just falls off. There's no animation, it just flips the character 180 degrees so it looks like he's descending then when you go down you fall to the floor and die. I've tried this countless times now, it's annoying and I feel like it's a waste of time trying to complete this buggy campaign. I also feel conned out of my money since I can't play it.

I would love to see or hear about a fix for this as then I might possibly be able to finish the level, but with BF4 being made by EA I highly doubt I will get a fix, let alone an answer from an EA employee.

I do hope to hear from you EA, if not then this will be my last EA game I ever buy.

Message 1 of 10 (20,876 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

I fell as well the first time as I was moving slowly towards the ladder :D

The second time I just looked at the ladder and kept walking forward, instead of falling down again the game put me on top of the ladder so I switched from W to S and was successfully climbing down. Hope it can help.

Message 2 of 10 (20,815 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks for replying. It's weird because first time I did it, there was no problems but after having to redo the level I just can't seem to get down the ladder. I get the same thing as you though, it turns me round so im facing the ladder but no animation comes up. I'll have another go though, see if it works.

Message 3 of 10 (20,799 Views)

@zephyrmop wrote:

Thanks for replying. It's weird because first time I did it, there was no problems but after having to redo the level I just can't seem to get down the ladder. I get the same thing as you though, it turns me round so im facing the ladder but no animation comes up. I'll have another go though, see if it works.

Definintely do this, I had the same problem, died 3 times and then on the 4th time I approached the ladder and automatically climbed down.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 4 of 10 (20,793 Views)

Falling through the floor on shanghai.

★★★ Newbie

I have reinstalled Battlefield 4 three times because of various issues, and each time the issue changes. Now, on the second campaign mission shanghai when I first enter the hotel, the floor doesn't spawn and I fall into what looks like an ice cave. When I go to restart checkpoint or restart level the game freezes on a black screen and never loads. I am about to the end of my rope with trying to get this game to work and any feedback would be appreciated.

Message 5 of 10 (20,121 Views)

Re: Falling through the floor on shanghai.

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I've run into this issue on the PS3. If your talking about where the elavator is suppose to be, it might be because you ran too far ahead of your team. When I had that issue, I ran back to the ladder that you jump down from to meet up with my team, and then it was fine. If that's not what is causing it, well then I don't know, but try going back to the ladder, that might fix it. If you search for my name on youtube, I got video of it...it should be named somthing like "campiagn glitch". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrDYNLsphxQ&feature=c4-overview&list=UUnaVqJSkGlvGP385DfuHxwg

Message 6 of 10 (20,118 Views)

Re: Falling through the floor on shanghai.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Unfortunately that is not the case, I wait until my team is staring at the ladder waiting for me to go down it. I have tried going back to the ladder, going into the hotel through a different door, even wandering around for ten minutes. Still no floor.

Message 7 of 10 (20,104 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had this problem and couldn't resolve it either. I managed to get past this ladder by jumping onto the small red and white rooftop to the right of the ladder, and then jumping down into the dumpster (completely bypassing the ladder).

Message 8 of 10 (14,212 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@zephyrmop I'd love EA to fix all the glitches. Igot the trophy for full arsenal even tho my collection Is missing the 3rd dog 🐶 tag. Typically when collecting them, the knife 🔪 holding them dissappears. I still get that (sometimes), the sound (sometimes) even the classic Battlefield Dog Tag animation (sometimes)... For dog tags in mission 2 Shanghai... That I got already. The 3rd one is glitched.
Message 9 of 10 (6,768 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it being necroed.

If you have any issues with Battlefield 4 please make a new topic about the issues you are having and what kind of steps you have tried to solve it.

/Atic
Message 10 of 10 (6,575 Views)