Black Screen On Startup BF4, BF3, and BF Hardline

by InquisitiveSteak

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Black Screen On Startup BF4, BF3, and BF Hardline

★★ Novice

Whenever I attempt to play any battlefield game the game itself will launch however it opens to a black screen with no loading signal. I am able to hear the game audio but I cannot use my mouse. I can tell the games aren't froze because I'm able to access Origin In-Game.

I've attempted to launch the games with Origin in online and offline mode and I've also tried to launch the games in safe mode, unfortunately none of those worked. Also, I tried to repair all of the games and I've reinstalled Origin and all of the game. Lastly, I've checked and my Nvidia driver and it is up to date and optimized for each game respectively. I've been able to play all of the games without issue until roughly a month ago and now none of them work.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 7 (544 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Black Screen On Startup BF4, BF3, and BF Hardline

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

After uninstalling a certain program that started with a K (I think it was something like Kairsho Display) all of the Battlefield games are working again. I have no idea why this is the case but I'm thankful it wasn't anything else.

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (482 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

@InquisitiveSteak could you please provide us some details about your hardware specification? The best way would be to provide us the hardware details out of your DXDIAG: http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Are you using a Beta version of the Nvidia driver suite and have you already tried to revert to an older driver build as well as updated your Direct X and Microsoft .NET Framework?

Cheers
Basti

Message 2 of 7 (526 Views)

★★ Novice

I checked and my Direct X and Microsoft .NET Framework are both updated to the most recent versions. Every time I attempted to run a game with an old Nvidia driver it immediately crashed which I find extremely odd because the games worked perfectly when I was using those drivers upon their release. I uploaded my DXDIAG here.

Thank you for the assistance.

Message 3 of 7 (515 Views)

I see from your dxdiag that you are on a laptop, is this a gaming laptop with 2 GPUs (a normal GPU and a high performance GPU for gaming) or does it just have the HD4600 GPU?
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 4 of 7 (505 Views)

★★ Novice

It has the normal HD4600 and an Nvidia 750M GPU for gaming.

Message 5 of 7 (503 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

After uninstalling a certain program that started with a K (I think it was something like Kairsho Display) all of the Battlefield games are working again. I have no idea why this is the case but I'm thankful it wasn't anything else.

Message 6 of 7 (483 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Upon farther investigation it was Kairos Display, something that comes along with the Duet Display program.

Message 7 of 7 (449 Views)