Black Flickering Screen

by orangy22222

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Black Flickering Screen

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hey guys, 

so when I got the BF4 game a couple weeks ago I installed it in my PC and played the game.. It ran fine without any problems. Recently when I had to update BF4, and while I was still in the process of updating it, I notice I still had the BF4 beta (which was expired of course) still in my Origins game inventory taking up hard drive, so I decided to uninstall it. When I uninstalled the game and BF4 finish updating, I started to play BF4 but when the window of the game came up it was just a black screen with the side of the window flickering white and black constantly.  The sound works fine, its just the black flickering screen that's the problem.  

I think has to do with something graphically, but I'm not sure. Anyone know what the problem is, if so, how do I fix it?

Message 1 of 8 (12,358 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Black Flickering Screen

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I found a solution to the problem.  Basically do what is stated in this video which:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZWiUl7rv10

Which is:  

1. Go to your documents on your computer and look for the folder labeled "Battlefield 4", then right click on it and select delete

2. Go to Origin, right click on the game in your library and select "Repair install" and/or "Check for updates" 

Most of the time Repair install will automatically check for updates but you can select "Check for Update"just to be safe and make sure you have the most recent version of the game.  And it should work now.  Standard smile

View in thread

Message 6 of 8 (13,423 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

That should not be related to your cleaning of your Beta version of BF4. It sounds for me like an issue with your hardware, most likely your graphic card, or your graphic driver. Could you please provide us some details about your PC hardware and driver?

Cheers

Basti

Message 2 of 8 (12,202 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes, I have a  AMD Radeon HD 6520G graphics card (driver version of 13.250.18.0)

The processor is a AMD A6-3420M APU with Radeon HD Graphics 1.50 GHz 

64-bit OS 

4.00 GB of RAM 

Message 3 of 8 (12,193 Views)

★ Guide

I have the same problem here with a 6950. It didn't start until this week. I have tried different grapics level settings and different windo w modes.

Yet another bug that is making  the game unplayable.

Message 4 of 8 (12,178 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Can someone please tell me what the problem is, I would like to get back to playing battlefield 4 on pc Frown 

Message 5 of 8 (12,158 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I found a solution to the problem.  Basically do what is stated in this video which:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZWiUl7rv10

Which is:  

1. Go to your documents on your computer and look for the folder labeled "Battlefield 4", then right click on it and select delete

2. Go to Origin, right click on the game in your library and select "Repair install" and/or "Check for updates" 

Most of the time Repair install will automatically check for updates but you can select "Check for Update"just to be safe and make sure you have the most recent version of the game.  And it should work now.  Standard smile

Message 6 of 8 (13,424 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've tried doing the delete files and repair install, but my game still won't work, whenever I go into the actual game, it just comes up with a black scren with flickering lines of light to the right. I just intalled this game today. I have tried the repair install twice now, with no luck. Any thoughts to help?

Message 7 of 8 (12,102 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i had the same problem because i use to play on two different screens with different resolutions. if you still ahvent fixed the problem you just need to make sure the resolution you have put in game is the same as the resolution on your monitor. for example if your monitor res is 1920*1080 and your ingame resolution is 1680*1050 it will start to flicker like hell. hope this helps 

Message 8 of 8 (11,921 Views)