Bf4 suddenly bad fps

by AintNoCopping

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Bf4 suddenly bad fps

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hi all! I used to have 60 - 80 fps on medium to high settings with bf4 before the spring patch but after that i have to play on low with 20 - 35 fps
(Bf4 is running the x64 version not the x86)

System specs
Nvidea GTX 750 ti OC ( GPU 1220 MHz and Memory 5500MHz)
Intel core i7 4770K 
DirectX 11
main monitor BenQ 1920x1080. 
8GB RAM
Windows 8.1 64Bit 

Edit: I forgot to mention that i did turn off origin in game and it is an fresh install. (I reinstalled it for the SSD) 
And my cpu cores have an average heat rate of 45 degrees. 

Message 1 of 8 (2,505 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Bf4 suddenly bad fps

★★★★ Novice

Hello Ragnarok013 and LucaCobra2001!
Thanks for the help and suggestions but the problems where the latest version of the nvidea drivers! 

Today came an update that fixed the problem and the fps was capped for the game Batman Arkham Night Aka the best FPS you could get there was 35 and so nvidea did lock it to that point. And my fps is even higher than before! 

But still thanks for your guys help!
See you guys on the battlefield AintNoCopping 

View in thread

Message 8 of 8 (2,426 Views)

All Replies

You should be getting much higher FPS than that with your card.  My GTX 660 gets average 120 FPS on straight medium settings. Early after the last patch I experienced this frequently doing two things solved this problem for me. I turned off Origin in game (which you've done), and I switched to the beta version of the PC origin client. 

To use the Origin beta in the upper left hand corner click on the word "Origin" in the menu, and then click on "Application Settings" and then at the bottom of the page check the box for Origin Beta participation, then completely close out origin and restart Origin.

Here are some other things that have helped lag issues for me in the past before the last patch:

If you have the Raptr game tracking program running kill the process before playing BF4, this solved my random FPS drops even on Dragon's Teeth maps.

If you are using MSI afterburner or Razer Cortex turn it off as some users report that it isn't playing well with BF4.

For Win8 users try running BF4 in Win7 compatibility mode.  Right click on bf4.exe, select "Properties", then "Compatibility" and then choose run as Win7

Better Battlelog also causes performance issues so try disabling it and see if that helps if you are running it

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 2 of 8 (2,477 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hello Ragnarok! 
Thanks for the reply but it didn't get my fps up i have both my bf4 64 bit and normal 32 bit set to Windows 7 compatibility mode and have checked the box of the origin beta participation and restarted the program.
And i dont use anny like game boosters, I only use GPU-Tweak for the over clock etc.

But still thanks!

Message 3 of 8 (2,469 Views)

[ Edited ]

@AintNoCopping wrote:

Hello Ragnarok! 
Thanks for the reply but it didn't get my fps up i have both my bf4 64 bit and normal 32 bit set to Windows 7 compatibility mode and have checked the box of the origin beta participation and restarted the program.
And i dont use anny like game boosters, I only use GPU-Tweak for the over clock etc.

But still thanks!

Hmmm, can you try running BF4 in the 32 bit mode and see if that helps? Also in game turn off your last three video options (I think it's MSAA, anit-alias etc)

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Message 4 of 8 (2,461 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have already done the last three to the lowest settings (Off) and ran the 32bit one i went up to a steady 30 - 35 FPS, But still drops to 20.

Message 5 of 8 (2,454 Views)

I experienced this last night after a recent Origin update and doing the following solved it for me. After the game window launches hit control+alt+delete and close origin.exe (don't worry BF4 will still run even if Origin gives you a warning. Then I closed firefox and the stutter and lag went away.

Message 6 of 8 (2,423 Views)

★ Apprentice

Try to do this: 

1. Download Notepad++ and Install it ----> https://notepad-plus-plus.org/download/v6.8.html

2. Go to Documents/Battlefield 4/Settings/

3. Right click on "PROFSAVE_profile" and "Edit with Notepad++"

4. Go to line 51, then click Enter and in the line 52 put this code: GstRender.Thread.MaxProcessorCount 4

5. Save and exit.

Now this process is not excutable in all the computers. So, try and tell me what happend.

Luca

Message 7 of 8 (2,416 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hello Ragnarok013 and LucaCobra2001!
Thanks for the help and suggestions but the problems where the latest version of the nvidea drivers! 

Today came an update that fixed the problem and the fps was capped for the game Batman Arkham Night Aka the best FPS you could get there was 35 and so nvidea did lock it to that point. And my fps is even higher than before! 

But still thanks for your guys help!
See you guys on the battlefield AintNoCopping 

Message 8 of 8 (2,427 Views)