Bf4 stuttering/freezing

by StoneMustang99

Original Post

Bf4 stuttering/freezing

★★★ Novice

Hi my Battlefield 4 is not running as it should be. I lunch the game and I get massive stutters and the sound begins to loop e.g my gun being shot. It will then unfreeze but shortly freeze and stutter again although my P.C is not the most powerful I used to be able to play on high/ultra at a comfortable 60-80 FPS

My specs are:

CPU:Intel pentium g3258 O.C 4.2GHz (Only a dual core and I know bf4 is cpu hungry but this did not used to be an issue )

GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 750 ti 2gb

RAM: 8Gb Hyperx fury

Asrock Z97 Anniversary addition

1TB hard drive

320 Gb hard drive(Has windows installed and a few other programmes)

I was able to play this game fine before, I have reinstalled it already and even updated my graphics card drivers but I still get the massive stuttering/freezing 

. I can play games like bf3,bf2 bad company, H1Z1 etc. Due to the constant freezing the game has become unplayable as it usually freezes for about 10-20 seconds meaning I cant do anything. As I said I was able to play this game fine about a month ago so I am confused to why it has stopped. Help would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Message 1 of 6 (997 Views)

Re: Bf4 stuttering/freezing

Community Manager

@StoneMustang99

It is possible your PC is using your on-board IGP rather than the 750Ti. Try setting up a GPU profile to ensure the nvidia is used:

https://help.ea.com/en/article/setting-up-a-graphics-card-gaming-profile/

barry.png
Message 2 of 6 (962 Views)

@StoneMustangZz wrote:

Hi my Battlefield 4 is not running as it should be. I lunch the game and I get massive stutters and the sound begins to loop e.g my gun being shot. It will then unfreeze but shortly freeze and stutter again although my P.C is not the most powerful I used to be able to play on high/ultra at a comfortable 60-80 FPS

My specs are:

CPU:Intel pentium g3258 O.C 4.2GHz (Only a dual core and I know bf4 is cpu hungry but this did not used to be an issue )

GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 750 ti 2gb

RAM: 8Gb Hyperx fury

Asrock Z97 Anniversary addition

1TB hard drive

320 Gb hard drive(Has windows installed and a few other programmes)

I was able to play this game fine before, I have reinstalled it already and even updated my graphics card drivers but I still get the massive stuttering/freezing 

. I can play games like bf3,bf2 bad company, H1Z1 etc. Due to the constant freezing the game has become unplayable as it usually freezes for about 10-20 seconds meaning I cant do anything. As I said I was able to play this game fine about a month ago so I am confused to why it has stopped. Help would be much appreciated.

Thank you

I recommend doing two things, disable Origin in game as it causes lag and stuttering as you describe, and if that doesn't solve the problem roll your drivers back to the March 1 WHQL drivers 362.00 which solved this problem for me. When rolling your drivers back be sure to select advanced options and clean install.

To turn off Origin in game log into Origin, in the upper left hand corner click on the word "Origin" in the menu, and then click on "Application Settings".  Next go to the "Origin in game" tab and uncheck the "enable Origin in game" box.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 3 of 6 (945 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Thanks for the help but I followed these steps and unfortunately I am still getting this problem, do you have any other ideas?

Thanks 

Message 4 of 6 (922 Views)

★★★ Novice

hi thanks for the help, it was running well and seemed to be back in good working condition, this was for about 5 mins and then it started freezing again, I have done what you said and it was successful for a short live while, any other ideas?

Thanks

Message 5 of 6 (912 Views)

Community Manager

@StoneMustang99

As you say you have been able to play smoothly previously it is possible there is some software running on boot up that is causing your performance problem. Please perform a clean boot before starting the game and let us know if this has any effect: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

barry.png
Message 6 of 6 (895 Views)