Bf4 Commander mode

by HairyEagle

Original Post

Re: Bf4 Commander mode

★★★ Newbie

I am confused.   I was unaware of the delay of the IOS commander mode, however read that it can still be accessed on the PC/MAC.  I attempted to find a way to access it however came up fruitless.  Is it (commander mode) available on the pc for a ps3 game, if not when will it be available.  My second question is that i am aware the IOS commander mode is delayed however when is it coming out and will i be able to spectate a game that my friends are playing on it aswell?  Thank you for your time 

- Gz

Message 11 of 103 (33,095 Views)

Community Manager

At first you will have to level up your soldier to rank 10, this will unlock commander mode for you. You can then join a server as commander the same way you would join as a normal player. This is also true for spectator mode. Once you select a server through the server browser in Battlelog, there should be three buttons. One for joining as a soldier, one for commander and a third one for spectator (if commander and spectator slots are available on that server).

As far as I know the commander app for tablets does not work with spectator mode, but I could be wrong here.

Message 12 of 103 (33,084 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How does a commander switch teams? There are only options resign.

Message 13 of 103 (33,016 Views)

Community Manager

@fincbarofski wrote:

How does a commander switch teams? There are only options resign.

As far as I'm aware there is no option to switch teams as a commander. You can leave and rejoin the server, however the first commander will always be on the "left" side (if you look at the scoreboard).

Message 14 of 103 (32,948 Views)

★ Novice

@eadennis wrote:

At first you will have to level up your soldier to rank 10, this will unlock commander mode for you. You can then join a server as commander the same way you would join as a normal player. This is also true for spectator mode. Once you select a server through the server browser in Battlelog, there should be three buttons. One for joining as a soldier, one for commander and a third one for spectator (if commander and spectator slots are available on that server).

As far as I know the commander app for tablets does not work with spectator mode, but I could be wrong here.

These instructions are for joining a PC game using a PC. We want to know whether you can play commander in a PS3 (or PS4 when released) game using battlog via PC (as opposed to remote play on a tablet). I, too, read that this would be possible and want to join my PS3 platoon by playing as their commander from Battlelog on my PC browser.

Message 15 of 103 (32,410 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I would also like to know what I need to do te reach Commander mode on the PS3/PS4.

Message 16 of 103 (32,299 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm wondering the same thing.  I don't have an iPad but I own the ps3 game.  Sometime I want to join any server while I'm on my PC and the join button doesn't work.

Message 17 of 103 (32,190 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I downloaded the battlelog app to my iPad thinking I could use the commander mode on it. I can use it on xbox but I hove no idea how to use it on a tablet.
Message 18 of 103 (31,482 Views)

★ Novice

i have a question is this supported on ipad mini? because everytime i click join commander it says it needs an app which doesnt exist on the store. how do i get this map and wld i be able to use my laptop as the mini map or commander mode? alos some people are saying i cant do it because i have it for ps3 and ps3 doesnt support those functions. plz help

Message 19 of 103 (30,515 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How do you log in to be a commander, I own bf4 and I would like to play as commander while my friends and I rotate the controller.

Message 20 of 103 (30,291 Views)