by bondage81s

Original Post

Re: Bf4 Commander mode

★★★ Newbie

Is the tablet feature only for iPad?

Message 21 of 103 (16,124 Views)

Community Manager

Commander mode on tablets will be available for iOS and Android devices. It requires a separate commander app that will be available for your tablet devices later this year.

On PC, you can join a game as a commander directly from Battlelog, simply hit the "Commander" button instead of "Join server". (Note: This will still launch the game)

On consoles you can take command in-game through the Team Setup menu. 

Message 22 of 103 (16,089 Views)

★★★ Newbie

But am  I able to play commander for my friends on my pc, while they are playing bf4 on ps3/ps4? I suppose, I could do that with my Nexus 10 and the commander app, if it had been published, but until then??

Message 23 of 103 (16,051 Views)

Bf4 Commander Mode Mac??

★★★ Novice

Hello! I need to know, is Commander Mode available on Mac? I have a macbook pro and i would like to know if i can use commender mode, Thankyou!

Message 24 of 103 (16,022 Views)

Bf4 Commander Mode on Mac?

★★★ Novice

Hello! I need to know, is Commander Mode available on Mac? Thankyou!

Message 25 of 103 (16,022 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Is the commander app called Battlelog?

Message 26 of 103 (15,942 Views)

★★★ Newbie

there is not even a option for spectate and commander mode on my labtop on battle log.  the only button there is join server.  i am way past level ten. is there any bugs that are still being worked out for commander mode on battle log for the mac?

Message 27 of 103 (15,938 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Commander mode is not available on Mac since it requires the game to run.

The commander mode tablet app for iOS and Android will be available later this year and it's separate from the Battlelog app. 

Also, commander mode is platform specific, so as a commander on PC you cannot join a friend who is playing on PS3. With the tablet app, it should be possible to join as a commander on all three platforms, however you will have to own the game for each platform you would like to play on since commander mode requires a level 10 soldier (at least that's what we are all assuming even though we haven't seen specific details yet).

Message 28 of 103 (15,894 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

Sorry it feels like the question isnt being answered.  If I own the game on the 360 or PS3 can I play commander mode on a PC or can I only play it on the console until it hits the different tablets?  Basically I would like to join a 360 game as the commander from my PC... can I do this?

Message 29 of 103 (15,883 Views)

★ Novice

Sorry but I dont feel like the question is being answered.  If I own the game on a console can I play commander mode from my PC or can I only play commander mode from said console at this time?

Message 30 of 103 (15,883 Views)